Match Button Episode Mode Order

Support for Windows users
mwherry

Match Button Episode Mode Order

Post by mwherry »

Red,

First I have to tell you how much this program makes my life so much easier. Using it now for years (and of course paying for it [in a very very reasonable fee]. I have what I know is a truly stupid question, I attempted to google and search for this a number of times before thinking to post about it.

I have it installed on 2 PCs (Located next to each other on my desk setup).

On PC 1, when you click on the match button, the Match Episode Mode is:

TheTVDB
AniDB
TheMovieDB
TVMaze

On PC 2, when you click the match button, the match episode mode is:

TheMovieDB
AniDB
TheTVDB
TVMaze

Versions are the same (And have even redownloaded episodes a few times. PC1 is the order I have always had, and PC2 is the order that is not "Right" base on what I have selected before.
While this in no way makes the system unusable, when waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep, more then a few times when half awake I have chosen the wrong provider and it messes with the format that is used most often.

Again, I know this is probably one of the more stupid questions you have gotten.

Could you point me on where to make a change to re-do the order?

Best

MIke
rednoah
The Source

Re: Match Button Episode Mode Order

Post by rednoah »

PC1 uses an older version. PC2 uses a newer version.

:arrow: Press F5 to check:

:idea: TheMovieDB is the default database for TV Shows in newer versions of Plex, Kodi, etc, and so FileBot has started using it by default as well with the latest 5.* major release. TheMovieDB has been promoted to the #1 position to indicate that this is the database you want to use by default.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mwherry

Post by mwherry »

rednoah wrote: 12 May 2023, 16:16 PC1 uses an older version. PC2 uses a newer version.

:idea: TheMovieDB is the default database for TV Shows in newer versions of Plex, Kodi, etc, and so FileBot has started using it by default as well with the latest 5.* major release. TheMovieDB has been promoted to the #1 position to indicate that this is the database you want to use by default.
Well Crap, you are right, the one was on 4.9.6, the other was on 5.0.2. I then attempted to install 5.0.2 again and while it appeared to complete successfully, it had a message about an account already exists, and at the end, the version had not been updated.

So I did a full uninstall, and then re-re-re-installed 5.0.2 and its showing up correctly. Thats also very useful information about Default Database, as I am a plex user. I will have to run it through all of my Shows and perform an update.

Thank you for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you're using Plex, then you'll first want to check your Plex library settings, to make sure which database is configured there, and then use the same database in FileBot as well:
viewtopic.php?t=13466
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.