Page 1 of 1
FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 14 Feb 2016, 08:21
by flasher111
Hello Community,
i am new in this forum and i have a small problem with getting started the fileBot Node on my Sinology.
First of all i will give you a few informations about my system requirements.
I have a Synology DS 713+ installed with the second Beta-Version of DSM 6.
I installed:
-Java V7 --> runs perfect
-FileBot V4.6.1 --> runs perfect
and FileBot Nodes V0.1.7 --> didn't start
if i try to run FileBot Nodes a Message appears with "Der Packetdienst konnte nicht ausgeführt werden"
The log will give me the following output
i hope anybody could help me with this error.
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 06:30
by rednoah
Looks like Node.js is not installed.
Also, FileBot requires at least Java 8.
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 13:54
by ZeroZorro
I have exactly the same error:
Synology DS214play DSM 6.0-7274
Node.js 0.12.9-0159
Filebot 4.6.1
FileNode 0.1.8
Java: java version "1.8.0_73"
Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_73-b02, headless)
Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM (build 25.73-b02, mixed mode)
Seems like node.js is installed but maybe in another dir? Any clues?
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 14:09
by ZeroZorro
It seems like 'node' is installed in '/usr/local/bin' instead of /'usr/bin'
i copied the file to /usr/bin manually but still some errors...

Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 18:41
by ZeroZorro
Just did a new, clean setup following
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1802
After installing Unofficial Java installer a got an error:
/var/packages/oracle-java-installer/scripts/postinst: line 10: /usr/local/bin/java: No such filer or directory
Probably that's where trouble starts?
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 15 Feb 2016, 18:55
by flasher111
rednoah wrote:Looks like Node.js is not installed.
Also, FileBot requires at least Java 8.
First time i installed filebot Node i were asked to install the Node.js and i clicked "yes".
The Nodes.js installation was successful.
Today i installed Java 8 but it has no effect.
I also tried the new Version 0.1.8 from github but i have the same problems that i wrote in my first post!
i think the approach from ZeroZorro is on the right way!
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 16 Feb 2016, 07:39
by rednoah
Did you install the Synology Node JS package? Or SynoCommunity one? I have bnotntested the latter.
If my Java installer doesn't work, check the log and see what it says. Then post a screenshot here.
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 17 Feb 2016, 16:51
by flasher111
rednoah wrote:Did you install the Synology Node JS package? Or SynoCommunity one? I have bnotntested the latter.
If my Java installer doesn't work, check the log and see what it says. Then post a screenshot here.
i installed Node JS from Synology
(Version 0.12 and Version 4.2.3)
i also tried the Node JS from SynoCommunity
Java 8 is installed i tried it with the Synology beta packed and with the original installer from Oracle.
Java 8 is correctly installed and works.
same log message in filebot Node
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 17 Feb 2016, 19:14
by flasher111
i found at the forum that you have your own Java Version 8 pkg.
https://app.filebot.net/syno/index.json
After installing your Java V8 Version i got two error Messages
the log file is really long so the screenshot is from the bottom.
I think the last line is critical
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 18 Feb 2016, 07:06
by rednoah
Let's ignore java and focus on the node issue.
The Synology Node JS package should create the /usr/bin/node symlink. So either the install failed, or they changed something.
Log in via SSH, find the node executable, check that it works, and then create that symlink yourself.
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 19 Feb 2016, 15:46
by flasher111
i opened you start.sh at /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/server/start.sh with the terminal editor and changed the path in line 30
Code: Select all
/usr/local/bin/node --max_executable_size=16 --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
because the node folder in Beta 2 is in the folder "local".
Now i got this Error in the log-file
i don't know what this means
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 20 Feb 2016, 17:03
by rednoah
I guess DSM 6 changes lots of things. Consider FileBot Node broken on DSM 6 for now.
Fixing these issues is probably just a matter of updating the paths in server/start.sh to whatever has changed with DSM 6.
Re: filebot node not starting
Posted: 24 Feb 2016, 15:41
by rednoah
Try
server/start.sh with this ssl options:
Code: Select all
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS_KEY="/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS_CRT="/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem"
@see
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 0&t=114697
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 07:58
by frikeando
I am on the same boat, with DSM 6 (sorry for not to mention it in my post, I didn't see this topic).
Could you detail how to do that ssl option thing?
Thanks!
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 04 Mar 2016, 08:47
by rednoah
1. Login as root
2. Have a look at /var/packages/filebot-node/target/server/start.sh
3. Fix the node call (replace with path to node executable, wherever it is on DSM 6)
4. Fix the filebot-node ssl config (replace key/crt paths with whatever works on DSM 6)
I don't have DSM 6 yet so I don't know the details. If you figure it out, please share.

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 08:03
by flasher111
@rednoah,
thanks for your help! I tried it with the modified start.sh.
This is my start.sh
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
export FILEBOT_NODE_HOST="0.0.0.0" # bind to all interfaces
export FILEBOT_NODE_AUTH="SYNO"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTP="YES"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTP_PORT="5452"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS="YES"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS_PORT="5453"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS_KEY="/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/privkey.pem"
export FILEBOT_NODE_HTTPS_CRT="/usr/syno/etc/certificate/system/default/cert.pem"
# set user
export USER="admin"
export FILEBOT_CMD="filebot"
export FILEBOT_CMD_CWD="$SYNOPKG_PKGDEST_VOL"
export FILEBOT_CMD_UID=`id -u $USER`
export FILEBOT_CMD_GID=`cat /etc/group | grep 'administrators' | cut -d: -f3` # cannot use `id -u $USER` because the result is 100:users but we need 101:administrators because users don't have execute permissions
export FILEBOT_NODE_CLIENT="" # serve client-side code via DSM only
# set working dir
cd "$SYNOPKG_PKGDEST"
# --max_executable_size (max size of executable memory (in Mbytes))
# (NOT YET SUPPORTED SYNO NODE.JS) --optimize_for_size (Enables optimizations which favor memory size over execution speed.)
# --use_idle_notification (Use idle notification to reduce memory footprint.)
/usr/local/bin/node --max_executable_size=16 --use_idle_notification "server/app.js"
but now i got this error Message

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 05 Mar 2016, 09:13
by rednoah
I guess the path to the authenticate.cgi has changed as well. You could try modifying app.js to possibly fix that one.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 06 Mar 2016, 14:29
by rednoah
Looks like Synology has changed all the paths. I'll try to support DSM 6 once it's been officially released.
I'm happy to accept pull requests if anybody wants to make DSM 6 support happen themselves.
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-node
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 07 Mar 2016, 08:15
by flasher111
for all who have the DSM 6 Beta 1 or Beta 2 installed Filebot Node does not work.
Some path or certificates has been changed. And the authenticate.cgi will not be supportet via Beta1 and2.
I installed DSM 6 RC1 where the authenticate.cgi is supportet. Filebot Node itself works but the gui didn't start.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 24 Mar 2016, 19:34
by rednoah
I've uploaded a test package that should work on DSM 6.
Please try and give me feedback:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 24 Mar 2016, 22:47
by tudor131313
Code: Select all
Locking /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/filebot.log
Mar 25, 2016 12:47:14 AM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource-lv2.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource-lv2.index
Mar 25, 2016 12:47:18 AM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-persistent-datasource.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-persistent-datasource.index
Mar 25, 2016 12:47:18 AM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource.index
Mar 25, 2016 12:47:19 AM net.sf.ehcache.store.disk.DiskStorageFactory <init>
WARNING: The index for data file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource-lv3.data is out of date, probably due to an unclean shutdown. Deleting index file /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin/cache/0/web-datasource-lv3.index
Run script [fn:amc] at [Fri Mar 25 00:48:22 GMT+02:00 2016]
so far it works. the gui is back and i can't see any problems. i will post here if there are any problems, but as of now, filebot node is BACK

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 25 Mar 2016, 23:47
by Friends4U
Not working here... with the test version (0.2.0)

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 08:59
by Friends4U
I stil get "Sorry the page you are looking for is not found".
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 09:13
by rednoah
Have you tried a different browser? (e.g. Chrome)
Have you tried clearing the browser cache and reloading the page?
Have you tried restarting your DiskStation?
Have you tried everything on
this list? What exactly isn't working? Install failed? Service not started? Page not found? Authentication not working?
Have you tried accessing the filebot node frame directly?
Code: Select all
http://<IP>:5000/webman/3rdparty/filebot-node/index.html
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 09:50
by Friends4U
Cool!
Direct works... perhaps it was a caching issue

I did not know of the direct link! Cool.
Thank you very much!
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 18:49
by ntmf
Sadly the FileBot Node 0.2.0 does not start:
I just get the error message: "Der Paketdienst konnte nicht ausgeführt werden"
The Protokoll does not contain any data.
I did the following things:
Have you tried a different browser? (e.g. Chrome) - Does change anything
Have you tried clearing the browser cache and reloading the page? Yes - does not start.
Have you tried restarting your DiskStation? Yes, and afterwards I deleted the Browsercache
Have you tried everything on this list - What exactly isn't working?
Install failed? Installation worked!
Service not started? This is correct!
Page not found? No answer from
http://192.168.178:5000/webman/3rdparty ... index.html
Authentication not working? I think I did not get there
Does your firewall allow TCP traffic on ports 5452 and 5453? FileBot Node will use HTTP on port 5452, and HTTPS on port 5453.
The Firewall of my NAS is not activated, but HTTP will connect over 5000 and HTTPS over 5001
My Router has no Firewall as I know off.
I tried to access it from the terminal:
curl -v
http://192.168.15:5452/auth
* Trying 192.168.0.15...
* connect to 192.168.0.15 port 5452 failed: Operation timed out
* Failed to connect to 192.168.15 port 5452: Operation timed out
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.15 port 5452: Operation timed out
Right now I don't know exactly how to continue
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 20:15
by rednoah
Please continue with the very first question...
Click Package Center -> FileBot Node -> View Log and see what it says.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 20:37
by ntmf
Sorry, I got the translation wrong: with "Protokoll" I meant "view log" If I open it it just opens a window which shows "No Data" - the only option in this window is "close".
I switched the language - when I chose "run" as an option, after a while it shows "stopping" and a window pops up with the massage "Failed to run the package service."
could it be a problem, that I have both Java 7 and 8 running?
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Mar 2016, 20:43
by rednoah
That probably means that the package didn't install at all, so broken package. Download again, check MD5 hashes, make sure there's no proxy between you and your DSM that corrupts the data in flight.
At this point it's not a problem specific to filebot node, so you might find more help in the Synology forums.
It has nothing to do with Java 7/8. You might wanna ssh into your DSM and check out /var/packages/filebot-node/target and see if there's anything odd.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 09:20
by flasher111
@rednoah,
thanks for updating FilebotNode!
i installed it now and the GUI works fine. But for now i have an other problem.
I got an Error in line 36: java: command not found.
Java 8 is installed on my synology.
but i haven`t installed you Java package because i got an error that my disk space is full.
i have checked my disk space and it is not full.
Code: Select all
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0 2385528 853032 1413712 38% /
none 501980 4 501976 1% /dev
/tmp 506260 432 505828 1% /tmp
/run 506260 2024 504236 1% /run
/dev/shm 506260 4 506256 1% /dev/shm
none 4 0 4 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/vg1000/lv 956638596 801589120 154930692 84% /volume1
i have the same problem by installing you new Filebot Version since Version 4.6.1
so for now i installed your Version 4.6
Maybe you can check this!
Thanks for your great Work
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 09:58
by bentheone
How do I update? I see all the .jar files, but what do I have to do with these?
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 12:12
by rednoah
The package sets
extractsize=524288000 so DSM won't install it if you have less than 500 MB of free storage.

If your NAS has less than 500 MB free storage then you seriously need to consider deleting stuff, or getting a bigger HDD.
If your disk has plenty of free space, then this might be a bug in DSM. You might want to report this kind of Package Center issue to issue to Synology support.
EDIT:
I started a thread in the Synology forums:
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 09#p425109
Please report the issue to Synology support as well though. Either it's a bug in DSM, or a bug in the SPK specification.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 14:12
by Tbright
First of all, thanks for developing this!!!
I was wondering if you are planning on updating the repository any time soon now that the dsm 6 is out? I do not know how to update it from github
Thanks a lot
TB
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Mar 2016, 17:02
by rednoah
Of course, soon as in in the next 1-2 weeks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 31 Mar 2016, 12:21
by maxoudela
Hi,
First of all, thank you for the work you do and the reactivity.
I had the same issue on this thread. I would like to install the new version working with DSM 6. Maybe a stupid question, but what file should I take in the web page you mentioned ? (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/)
Do I need to delete FileBotNode in the package center before?
EDIT : Ok forgot the question, I simply took the FileBot and did a manual install of the package.
EDIT 2 : Ok it's running but I have the "the page you're looking for is not here" (or something like that). But I have not opened the ports 5452 and 5453 so it must be that..
Regards,
Sam'
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 14:24
by XavierC
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 15 Apr 2016, 18:55
by tonis
I still can't run FileBot Node after update to DSM 6. It won't start with error message "Failed to run the package service". Log is empty.
What I did:
1. Uninstalled everything.
2. Re-created download and media folders.
2. Installed Java (you need to have ~500GB free space at the moment because Synology bug).
3. Installed Node.js v4
4. Installed FileBot.
5. Checked that ports are open.
6. Installed FileBot Node and it fails to start.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 19 Apr 2016, 08:36
by tonis
Managed to make it work:
1. Owner for download and media folders was still root. Changed it to admin user. After that didn't work right away.
2. Re-installed everything and rebooted. Now it worked.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Apr 2016, 11:49
by ward0
Rednoah, can you pls let us know in the topic here, when you updated the syncommunity package for DSM6
Thanks in advance.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 28 Apr 2016, 18:02
by padremaldito
Hi
After DSM 6 update 3 stop working. After uninstall it and reinstalled Filebot-node can't be started (0.1.8 and 0.2 version).
I've uninstalled all packages. And reinstalle in order, Java Node, Filebot, filebot-node.
Any idea?
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 06 May 2016, 07:13
by tonis
For me it's also broken again. Node is not starting and Log is empty. For me it seems that DSM update 5 did it.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 16 May 2016, 22:43
by tedrogers61
New Synology owner here - first ever NAS! DS215j on DSM 6.0-7321 Update 6.
Just using it as a music server and photo dump.
I also cannot get FileBot Node 0.2.0 to start - same error - "failed to run the package service".
Whether the firewall is off or if I add exceptions for the correct ports - no difference. Ports are forwarded on router and confirmed open by Web port check tool.
My 'music' shared folder has admin permissions r/w full access.
I'm logged in as admin using LAN IP rather than quickconnect.
Is it broken? Am I (at this moment in time) pissing into the wind trying to get this working? Haha.
Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 05:04
by rednoah
1.
What exactly is working and what exactly is not?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3368
You did not include any logs. If something doesn't work, there will always be logs. If you can find them, ask Google where to find them.
2.
DSM wrote:"failed to run the package service"
This message indicates that the package is never started. Presumably, no filebot code is ever called, so there is nothing that can be fixed here. Please ask Synology support.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 07:02
by tedrogers61
Well, everything installs correctly as far as I can tell.
FileBot
FileBot Node
(your) Java
Acoustic ID
Mediainfo
When I run the Node package, I get the error I mentioned. Everything else reports as running, except Node won't start.
The log for Node is blank, which supports your point about it never starting in the first place.
Are there any specific logs you require from elsewhere? I can find them no problem, I just need to know which ones.
Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 07:26
by rednoah
Unfortunately, that does not help me help you.

You will need to find more information (i.e. logs) and then maybe there'll be some hints towards a solution.
* You did not include screenshots (so I can confirm that the package was installed)
* You did not include package log -> View Log -> Screenshot (so I can confirm if the package is started or not)
* You did not include
curl -v http://<IP>:5452/auth output (so I can confirm if the service is running or not)
* You did not include Synology syslog output (so I can see what synology is doing / not doing)
This list is not exhaustive. More information is better. Google "failed to run the package service" and see if you find anything that might shine more light on the issue.
DSM has a "Log" app. Just click around a little bit until you find it. Otherwise check the Synology forums. I'd start by checking the typical Linux locations like
/var/log via SSH first.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 08:17
by tedrogers61
Okay, I will try and turn my attention to all of this when I have the opportunity.
Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 10:38
by ward0
rednoah wrote:Unfortunately, that does not help me help you.

You will need to find more information (i.e. logs) and then maybe there'll be some hints towards a solution.
* You did not include screenshots (so I can confirm that the package was installed)
* You did not include package log -> View Log -> Screenshot (so I can confirm if the package is started or not)
* You did not include
curl -v http://<IP>:5452/auth output (so I can confirm if the service is running or not)
* You did not include Synology syslog output (so I can see what synology is doing / not doing)
This list is not exhaustive. More information is better. Google "failed to run the package service" and see if you find anything that might shine more light on the issue.
DSM has a "Log" app. Just click around a little bit until you find it. Otherwise check the Synology forums. I'd start by checking the typical Linux locations like
/var/log via SSH first.
this might help people :
dant1 wrote:
I am having this issue with Sonarr. I only have limited experience with SSH but am willing to learn if you have any pointers to getting it working.
First, create a user called "nzbdrone". Sonarr used to be called NzbDrone, and it still relies on having a user account with that name. The package installer should auto-create the user, but that part of the installer isn't working properly on DSM 6.0, so you need to make the user account manually. Give it a random password, and assign it read/write privileges to your download share as well as your video share. Then see if the service starts up.
If it still doesn't start, try SSHing into your NAS as the root user and run the following command:
Code: Select all
chown -HR nzbdrone /usr/local/nzbdrone
That will assign ownership of the Sonarr/NzbDrone package files to the nzbdrone user.
Then try to start it up again. If it still doesn't work, report back and I'll give you some more commands to run to figure out why it isn't working
Link :
https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?t=106960
Google is your friend for most people, Me i'm waiting for Syno to fix it in patch because i'm a lazy IT'r

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 11:25
by tedrogers61
Thanks for your continued replies.
I briefly tried connecting via HTTP rather than HTTPS, and that didn't work either.
Logged in as admin. Full permission everywhere. Ports open on router. Syno Firewall off.
I also uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted - no success.
FBNode just won't start. Everything else reports as "running" (FileBot, AcoustiID, Java, etc).
I wish I had to time to devote to this, but I might just use other ways to get the artwork I need. Would have been nice to have it running automatically on the DiskStation though.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 11:26
by ward0
tedrogers61 wrote:Thanks for your continued replies.
I briefly tried connecting via HTTP rather than HTTPS, and that didn't work either.
Logged in as admin. Full permission everywhere. Ports open on router. Syno Firewall off.
I also uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted - no success.
FBNode just won't start. Everything else reports as "running" (FileBot, AcoustiID, Java, etc).
I wish I had to time to devote to this, but I might just use other ways to get the artwork I need. Would have been nice to have it running automatically on the DiskStation though.
Do you have any Linux Exp. what so ever? Did you read my comment about SSH? Not http or https ( its the same thing btw .. just secured or not.)
You will need to use a black terminal and not a click click solution for this problem. Else use a restore and go back to DSM5
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 13:04
by rednoah
Once again, visually describing how Package Center looks like is wholly unhelpful.
Logs, as repeatedly stated,
may put some light on these issues:
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 13:34
by ward0
rednoah wrote:Once again, visually describing how Package Center looks like is wholly unhelpful.
Logs, as repeatedly stated,
may put some light on these issues:
I think many just hope it's like a windows application ( plug and play) or don't reply back

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 13:52
by tedrogers61
ward0 wrote:rednoah wrote:Once again, visually describing how Package Center looks like is wholly unhelpful.
Logs, as repeatedly stated,
may put some light on these issues:
I think many just hope it's like a windows application ( plug and play) or don't reply back

No, I'm here...just in work and not able to check any of this out. I need to learn about SSH. I have some tux experience. I'll try and get that log to you.
Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 17 May 2016, 20:28
by tedrogers61
Thanks for your help anyway...I'm giving up and using Bliss instead. It does what I need straight from the box. Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 May 2016, 10:12
by ward0
tedrogers61 wrote:Thanks for your help anyway...I'm giving up and using Bliss instead. It does what I need straight from the box. Thanks.
I don't see how can you compare a music library tool and a sub title tool ...
http://www.blisshq.com/music-library-ma ... e-updated/
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 22 Jun 2016, 10:31
by tedrogers61
rednoah wrote:Once again, visually describing how Package Center looks like is wholly unhelpful.
Logs, as repeatedly stated,
may put some light on these issues:
Hi again @rednoah,
I've come back to this after some time away learning about my Syno DSM6 and using SSH etc. I've been able to get programs like Transmission and Deluge fully working and accessible on LAN and WAN; just to offer you an idea of how my abilities have developed.
Basically, I'm a lot more confident now, so I decided to give FB-node another try (hopeful that my new confidence would enable me to get it working), but I still hit up against the same problem, in that Filebot-Node 0.2.0 won't start.
Everything else (your Unofficial Java Installer, Node.js v4, MediaInfo, Chromaprint and Filebot 4.7) all install and run without issue.
To keep things simple I've done all my testing on my LAN. It is my understanding from reading that I shouldn't need any router / firewall ports forwarded / open from my Syno NAS on LAN. Outbound TCP connections from 5452 and 5453 (so that FB-node can communicate outside the network) should happen regardless of ports being open and firewall.
I've tried installing manually (download from your repo) for Filebot 4.7 and Filebot-Node 0.2.0, but I end with the same result.
I've tried to start FB-node manually via SSH by running as root and / or admin:
Code: Select all
./var/packages/filebot-node/scripts/start-stop-status start
...but every time, via either admin or root SSH, I get the error:
Code: Select all
initctl: Name may not be empty string
..
..
..
..
> > > > > MOMENT OF UTTER SHOCK ENSUES < < < < <
....WAIT! As I have been writing this...I decided to install it all again in a different order....AND IT WORKS!!!! This is inexplicable!
All I did differently was this:
1. Install Chromaprint and Media Info.
2. Click to install Filebot-Node (and allow the automatic installer to install all other components).
This is so strange that this should work now. I was really starting to doubt myself. I didn't even need to reboot the Syno. I'm also not logged in as built-in 'admin' user (in fact 'admin' user is disabled), although I am logged in as a different username with full-admin privs.
I've also been able to confirm that on my system (DS215j - DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1), if I remove everything related to FileBot, and install it again in the following order, then it breaks and Filebot-Node won't start (no matter if I reboot, install manually, or try to invoke via SSH start-stop-status):
1. Install Chromaprint and Media Info.
2. Install FileBot (and allow it to install Java and Node.js)
3. Install Filebot-Node.
...If I follow the above order, then Filebot-Node won't start, and frustration ensues.
Anyway, I'm glad I've been able to get it working (now to finally have a play), but it might be worth looking into why it installs perfectly one way, and not the other.
Thanks.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 22 Jun 2016, 12:05
by rednoah
1.
1. Install Chromaprint and Media Info.
2. Install FileBot (and allow it to install Java and Node.js)
3. Install Filebot-Node.
I've tried this on my DS213J and I can't reproduce any issues. Works right out of the box.
2.
Code: Select all
./var/packages/filebot-node/scripts/start-stop-status start
You can't just call it like this. You'll have to set certain environment variables to call it as if DSM was calling it:
Code: Select all
export SYNOPKG_PKGNAME="filebot-node"
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 22 Jun 2016, 14:00
by tedrogers61
rednoah wrote:1.
1. Install Chromaprint and Media Info.
2. Install FileBot (and allow it to install Java and Node.js)
3. Install Filebot-Node.
I've tried this on my DS213J and I can't reproduce any issues. Works right out of the box.
2.
Code: Select all
./var/packages/filebot-node/scripts/start-stop-status start
You can't just call it like this. You'll have to set certain environment variables to call it as if DSM was calling it:
Code: Select all
export SYNOPKG_PKGNAME="filebot-node"
Re: 1...I can't explain it either...doesn't work one way, but works if I let filebot-node install everything for me.
Re: 2...thanks, this will come in useful should I need to start / stop manually. Is that the full command for both start and stop toggle?
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 10 Jul 2016, 14:50
by Tbright
Some update,
Now it installs flawless in a DS1515+, but failed to run on a DS215j
TB
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 10 Jul 2016, 17:11
by tedrogers61
I found if you install chroma etc, and then install filebot node and allow it to automatically install everything else, inc. filebot, then it works perfectly on ds215j. Any other order of installing, and filebot node fails to run. Don't know why. Permissions? Working directory creation? No idea, but the above method works fine for me, and I've been tearing my hair out on this one.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 07:11
by gary1001
Hi,
For what it is worth, I am also having the same issue with a ds215j.
I'll read thought this post and collect the logs requested by the admin. I'll try the advice the last post first as a work around.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 07:58
by tedrogers61
gary1001 wrote:Hi,
For what it is worth, I am also having the same issue with a ds215j.
I'll read thought this post and collect the logs requested by the admin. I'll try the advice the last post first as a work around.
I'd be very interested if my method of installation works for you on DS215J. I spent a disproportionately high amount of time trying to work this out, so I'd be very happy if it benefitted others too.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 09:16
by Tbright
This really puzzle me. As stated before, I own a DS1515+ and a DS215j.
In the DS1515+ after one of the latest updates (do not really know which one) the installation worked nicely just installing filebot node and let the installer do all the work.
On the DS215j I tried every possible combination of rebooting and installation order but the file bot node package simply refuses to start. I basically gave up because I thought the problem was model related but since you got it working on a 215j I will give it another try and see if I can make it work.
Regards
TB
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 09:34
by gary1001
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 09:50
by gary1001
The install order did not make a difference for me.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 10:30
by Tbright
No, I just tried the following on a DS215j and DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 1
1) Basically uninstall everything
2) Reboot
3) Install Chromaprint
4) Install MediaInfo
5) Install Filebot node
and I still get the "Failed to run..." message

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 11:03
by tedrogers61
gary1001 wrote:The install order did not make a difference for me.
That is very odd, because the install order is very repeatable on my system. I can break it with wrong install order, or make it work with the install order I've settled on.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 19 Jul 2016, 05:14
by gary1001
I've ended up using a scheduled task to run a simple command
Code: Select all
filebot -script fn:amc --output "/volume1/video" --action move -non-strict "/volume1/video/DiskStation_Download" --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y clean=y excludeList=amc.txt
It actually works very well. What are the advantages to using the FileBot Node?
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 26 Jul 2016, 20:08
by yahooeyu
Have same problem, Node doesnt start =(
log
2016/07/26 22:10:52 start filebot-node: begin to start version 0.2.0
2016/07/26 22:10:52 stop filebot-node: begin to stop version 0.2.0
2016/07/26 22:10:53 stop filebot-node: stop version 0.2.0 successfully, result 0
2016/07/26 22:11:03 start filebot-node: start version 0.2.0 failed, result 0
root@zzz:~#
root@zzz:~# curl -v
https://10.10.1.8:5452/auth
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to 10.10.1.8:5452
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to 10.10.1.8:5452
root@Chkin:~# curl -v
http://10.10.1.8:5452/auth
> GET /auth HTTP/1.1
> Host: 10.10.1.8:5452
> User-Agent: curl/7.47.0
> Accept: */*
>
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Content-Type: text/json
< Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
< Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:16:37 GMT
< Connection: keep-alive
< Content-Length: 51
<
{"success":true,"data":{"auth":"SYNO","user":null}}root@zzz:~#
# curl -v
https://10.10.1.8:5453/auth
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
* TLSv1.2 (IN), TLS handshake, Certificate (11):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS alert, Server hello (2):
* SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS alert, Client hello (1):
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). If the default
bundle file isn't adequate, you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.
have no idea how to make its work =(
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 01:04
by invis
recently after synology updated it self, filebot stopped worked again.
when login and try starting it pushing "execute" nothing happens

p.s. the filebot log file is empty, so nothing I can put it

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 04:16
by rednoah
yahooeyu wrote:{"success":true,"data":{"auth":"SYNO","user":null}}
The logs say that it works via HTTP but it doesn't work via HTTPS. That's easily explained by DSM using self-signed certificates and curl naturally not trusting those (you'll have to use the --insecure option for that, which is the same as clicking "I trust this site" in your browser when your browser encounters a self-signed certificate).
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 04:20
by rednoah
invis wrote:pushing "execute" nothing happens
There's 2 possible reasons:
A. The filebot node service is not running (see filebot node log)
B. Your network/firewall blocks your browser from sending requests to the filebot node service (use curl to test this, try accessing DSM from the local network)
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 27 Jul 2016, 07:40
by yahooeyu
Thanks for help.
I don't know how it happened,
but in 2 hours after it, i just reinstall NODE, and everything is work =)
magic!
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 01 Aug 2016, 00:40
by invis
rednoah wrote:invis wrote:pushing "execute" nothing happens
There's 2 possible reasons:
A. The filebot node service is not running (see filebot node log)
B. Your network/firewall blocks your browser from sending requests to the filebot node service (use curl to test this, try accessing DSM from the local network)
I have DS213 and previous issue was - it was not working at all.
after that you helped me install it and make it work without node.
it was running without any problem until 2-3 weeks ago, probably some update from DSM came out
so my automated scheduler stopped working too :
Locking /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/root/logs/amc.log
Cannot cast java.net.URI to [B
java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.net.URI to [B
at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:107)
at net.filebot.MemoizedResource.get(Resource.java:36)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptBundle.getScript(ScriptBundle.java:34)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:72)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:114)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:29)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:120)
Failure (°_°)
Firewall is off, tried different was to execute filebot, nothing

Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 29 Jan 2017, 10:59
by Godlyone
tedrogers61 wrote:rednoah wrote:1.
1. Install Chromaprint and Media Info.
2. Install FileBot (and allow it to install Java and Node.js)
3. Install Filebot-Node.
I've tried this on my DS213J and I can't reproduce any issues. Works right out of the box.
2.
Code: Select all
./var/packages/filebot-node/scripts/start-stop-status start
You can't just call it like this. You'll have to set certain environment variables to call it as if DSM was calling it:
Code: Select all
export SYNOPKG_PKGNAME="filebot-node"
Re: 1...I can't explain it either...doesn't work one way, but works if I let filebot-node install everything for me.
Re: 2...thanks, this will come in useful should I need to start / stop manually. Is that the full command for both start and stop toggle?
Hi,
Is it possible to provide some clarity on how to use this export command that will allow the start-stop-status command to work.
I have tried using it in PuTTY by first running your export command then running the start-stop-status command but I get the following error:
initctl: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.4146" (uid=1024 pid=3451 comm="initctl start filebot-node ") interface="com.ubuntu.Upstart0_6.Job" member="Start" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="com.ubuntu.Upstart" (uid=0 pid=1 comm="/sbin/init ")
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: FileBot Node doesn't start on DSM 6
Posted: 29 Jan 2017, 11:03
by rednoah
Add a
printenv > /path/to/output.txt in
start-stop-status and then start/stop the service via DSM.
@see
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3067