How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

All about user-defined episode / movie format expressions
Post Reply
tinybilbo
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 May 2018, 19:43

How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

Post by tinybilbo » 07 May 2018, 20:09

Hi I've just installed filebot onto a headless media server (debian).

I can scrape the metadata from the command line correctly.

It scrapes the files in the format of poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, and movie.nfo.
However my KODI boxes (latest Android 17.6) don't seem to pick them up.

I used to use EmberMediaManager before, which scrapes them as
(movie)-poster.jpg, (movie)-fanart.jpg. (movie).nfo with (movie) being the actual name the movie.
KODI picked up these files fine.

How can I rename these files to KODI readable ones using the FileBot command line (Linux Cron)?

Thanks

User avatar
devster
Posts: 149
Joined: 06 Jun 2017, 22:56

Re: How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

Post by devster » 07 May 2018, 21:42

Try with Kim's scripts, they should handle it fine.
However I don't think FileBot is in any way involved here.
Kodi should pick them all up just fine as detailed here Movie Artwork and here Movie NFO.
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)

User avatar
rednoah
The Source
Posts: 14363
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 08:59
Location: Taipei
Contact:

Re: How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

Post by rednoah » 07 May 2018, 23:11

Note that artwork download seems to be broken in older releases due to server-side changes, resulting in 0 byte image files.

If you have 0 byte image files, then that would explain why Kodi can't read anything.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

tinybilbo
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 May 2018, 19:43

Re: How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

Post by tinybilbo » 08 May 2018, 03:40

devster wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:42
Try with Kim's scripts, they should handle it fine.
However I don't think FileBot is in any way involved here.
Kodi should pick them all up just fine as detailed here Movie Artwork and here Movie NFO.
It's really weird! I have 3 KODI boxes in the house, 2 Android and 1 Raspberry Pi3. (more if you include 4 Android pads)
They all run the latest stable KODI 17.6.
I have read the KODI wiki and seen that they should display correctly... however they don't...
They never have (I remember having to alter the naming convention in couchpotato a couple of years ago).

It may be due to the fact that my KODI MySQL database is run from a central server with multiple users, or that the database was created years ago and has migrated across multiple versions of KODI.
I don't know... I'm guessing from your response that no one else has this issue..

I may disable the central database and recreate a local one to see if the artwork is displayed...

Do you run KODI? and is the artwork and metadata correctly displayed?

rednoah wrote:
07 May 2018, 23:11
Note that artwork download seems to be broken in older releases due to server-side changes, resulting in 0 byte image files.
If you have 0 byte image files, then that would explain why Kodi can't read anything.
I have checked and the artwork is good. However I'll rescrape and check again.
Would it be possible to change the filenames (using FileBot) to naming convention I need (assuming it's a non-fixable quirk of my setup)?

Thank you both for your help and suggestions :-)

User avatar
devster
Posts: 149
Joined: 06 Jun 2017, 22:56

Re: How do I rename scraped metadata (art & nfo) to KODI readable (CLI)

Post by devster » 08 May 2018, 07:17

tinybilbo wrote:
08 May 2018, 03:40
devster wrote:
07 May 2018, 21:42
Try with Kim's scripts, they should handle it fine.
However I don't think FileBot is in any way involved here.
Kodi should pick them all up just fine as detailed here Movie Artwork and here Movie NFO.
It's really weird! I have 3 KODI boxes in the house, 2 Android and 1 Raspberry Pi3. (more if you include 4 Android pads)
They all run the latest stable KODI 17.6.
I have read the KODI wiki and seen that they should display correctly... however they don't...
They never have (I remember having to alter the naming convention in couchpotato a couple of years ago).

It may be due to the fact that my KODI MySQL database is run from a central server with multiple users, or that the database was created years ago and has migrated across multiple versions of KODI.
I don't know... I'm guessing from your response that no one else has this issue..

I may disable the central database and recreate a local one to see if the artwork is displayed...

Do you run KODI? and is the artwork and metadata correctly displayed?
I do run Kodi and metadata is displayed correctly, however I don't run MySQL.
I believe the MySQL part is the main problem in your setup and some setting in there tweaks the way Kodi looks at files in the same folder as the movie.
Also Kodi is usually set up to use local metadata only as a fallback and query IMDB/OMDB/TheMovieDB for the rest of the info, maybe that could be a workaround?
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests