Best method for keeping filename specific info

Any questions? Need some help?
ByteShare

Best method for keeping filename specific info

Post by ByteShare » 11 May 2018, 07:43

I'm using a script like this for movies:

Code: Select all

{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {' CD'+pi} {fn.match(/(?i)Unrated/).replaceAll('(?i)Unrated','[UR]')} {fn.match(/(?i)\[UR\]/).replaceAll('(?i)UR','UR')} {fn.match(/(?i)DC/).replaceAll('(?i)DC','[DC]')} {fn.match(/(?i)ENG,JPN/).replaceAll('(?i)ENG,JPN','[ENG,JPN]')} {fn.match(/(?i)\[Comm\]/).replaceAll('(?i)Comm','Comm')} {fn.match(/(?i)Commentary/).replaceAll('(?i)Commentary','[Comm]')} {fn.match(/(?i)\[Rifftrax\]/).replaceAll('(?i)Rifftrax','Rifftrax')} {fn.match(/(?i)\[Doc\]/).replaceAll('(?i)Doc','Doc')}{'.'+lang}
My question is using the

{fn.match(/PATTERN/).replaceAll('PATTERN','PATTERN')}
over and over the best method?
I was hoping for something like:

{fn.match(/.*/).replaceAll('PATTERN01','PATTERN01'|'PATTERN02','PATTERN02')}
or something?

I suppose it doesn't matter that much in terms of total length but it does add up.

rednoah
The Source

Re: Best method for keeping filename specific info

Post by rednoah » 11 May 2018, 08:57

A few of those replacements could be better handled in a more generic way, and not by handling one by one pattern.

e.g. matching multiple patterns and adding [...] to each of them:

{'[' + fn.match(/Rifftrax|Dic/).upperInitial() + ']'}
e.g. check if pattern is found, and then yield arbitrary value:

{fn.match(/Commentary/); '[Comm]'}
e.g. upper-case all characters:

{fn.match(/\[(UR|DC)\]/).upper()}
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

ByteShare

Post by ByteShare » 11 May 2018, 19:52

Thank you for the ideas.
Using a text file: "Water Boyy (2015) [UR] [Comm] [Doc].txt"
I tried the following:
A:

{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {' CD'+pi} {'[' + fn.match(/Riff|Doc|UR|Comm/).upperInitial() + ']'}
Is sorta of the same problem I was already having with the pipes [Or: "|"], it is only matching the first thing and not doing all of them if they are in the filename.

B:

{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {' CD'+pi} {fn.match(/[\Comm\]/); 'Comm'}
I tried it with and without the "[\" around the match but with only the 'Comm' it only puts "Comm" without brackets and if I put it '\[Comm\]' I get an error with my syntax, and if I put just '[Comm]' it yields nothing.

C:

{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {fn.match(/\[(UR|DC)\]/).upper()}
This works as well, but like with A, it only matches one at a time.

Is there a way to match several things like in A and C but also keep the loop going to match more things.

I was hoping to take a file like "Water.Boyy.2015.Unrated.HEVC.1080p.Commentary.Documentary.txt" or "Water Boyy [UR] [Comm] [Doc].txt" (say missing the year because I did it manual a long time ago but keep my personalized info) and turn both into:
"Water Boyy (2015) [UR] [Comm] [Doc].txt"

kim
Power User

Post by kim » 12 May 2018, 02:26

Try

matchAll

{fn.matchAll(/\[(UR|DC)\]/).toString().upper()}
wrong:

{fn.match(/[\Comm\]/); 'Comm'}
ok:

{fn.match(/\[Comm\]/); 'Comm'}

Water.Boyy.2015.Unrated.HEVC.1080p.Commentary.Documentary or Water Boyy [UR] [Comm] [Doc]
both to
Water Boyy (2015) [UR] [Comm] [Doc]
use this

{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {fn.matchAll(/Unrated|\[UR\]/)? '[UR]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Commentary|\[Comm\]/)? '[Comm]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Documentary|\[Doc\]/)? '[Doc]' : ''}

ByteShare

Post by ByteShare » 12 May 2018, 16:05

Thank you a ton. The difference between someone that knows what they're doing a me a monkey at a keyboard is a-mazing!
The matchAll is nice because it also matches different cases so I don't need to use (?i) in front of expressions.
My over all script went from 903 characters to 669, and I still have things to add, this will help a lot.
Thank you again.

ByteShare

Post by ByteShare » 13 May 2018, 14:58

Thank you all for the help again. Incase anyone wanted to see what I've come up with thus far with the help...
Movie:

.\{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {fn.matchAll(/\[(ENG|JPN|SPA|GER|RUS|CHI|ENG,JPN)\]/).toString().upper()} {fn.matchAll(/Commentary|\[Comm\]/)? '[Comm]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[Rifftrax]|\[Riff]/)? '[Riff]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Documentary|\[Doc\]/)? '[Doc]' : ''}/{n.upperInitial()} ({y}) {' CD'+pi} {fn.matchAll(/Unrated|\[UR\]/)? '[UR]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Directors Cut|Director's Cut|\[DC]/)? '[DC]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Theatre Cut|Theatrical Cut|Theatre Edition|Theatrical Edition|\[TC]/)? '[TC]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Extended Edition|\[Ext]|\[EE]/)? '[EE]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Special Edition|\[SE]/)? '[SE]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[(ENG|JPN|SPA|GER|RUS|CHI|ENG,JPN)\]/).toString().upper()} {fn.matchAll(/Commentary|\[Comm\]/)? '[Comm]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[Rifftrax]|\[Riff]/)? '[Riff]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Documentary|\[Doc\]/)? '[Doc]' : ''} {'.'+lang}
I know there is a way to handle the "Directors Cut" and "Director's Cut" I didn't notice it until just now.

TV:

.\{n.replaceAll(/[?:.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´???]/, "'") .upperInitial()} {fn.matchAll(/\[(ENG|JPN|SPA|GER|RUS|CHI|ENG,JPN)\]/).toString().upper()} {fn.matchAll(/Commentary|\[Comm\]/)? '[Comm]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[Rifftrax]|\[Riff]/)? '[Riff]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Documentary|\[Doc\]/)? '[Doc]' : ''}\{n.replaceAll(/[?:.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´???]/, "'").upperInitial()} {episode.special ? '00x'+special.pad(2) : s.pad(2)+'x'+es*.pad(2).join('-')} {t.replaceAll(/[?:.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´???]/, "'").upperInitial().replacePart(', Part $1')} {" "+fn.match(/\(Part \d+/)+")"} {fn.matchAll(/Unrated|\[UR\]/)? '[UR]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Extended Edition|\[Ext]|\[EE]/)? '[EE]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Directors Cut|Director's Cut|\[DC]/)? '[DC]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Special Edition|\[SE]/)? '[SE]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[(ENG|JPN|SPA|GER|RUS|CHI|ENG,JPN)\]/).toString().upper()} {fn.matchAll(/Commentary|\[Comm\]/)? '[Comm]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/\[Rifftrax]|\[Riff]/)? '[Riff]' : ''} {fn.matchAll(/Documentary|\[Doc\]/)? '[Doc]' : ''} {'.'+lang}
I'm very happy with my TV one being able to handle multipart episodes as well as special episodes at the same time.