Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Any questions? Need some help?
redbull666
Donor

Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Post by redbull666 » 09 Jun 2018, 14:49

Am trying to use Filebot in a sort of "dumb mode" to copy Audiobooks to a specific folder.

(Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that)

Anyhow, it claims that a .m4b file is not a media file somehow, even though Mediainfo clearly disagrees?
filebot -rename "/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis" --output /tmp --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --log-file /home/rb/filebot_scripts/amc.log --log ALL
Log:

Code: Select all

Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
No media files: [/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis/Artemis (Unabridged).jpg, /mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis/Artemis (Unabridged).m4b]
Failure (°_°)
filebot -rename "/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis" --output /tmp --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --log-file /home/rb/filebot_scripts/amc.log --log ALL -mediainfo
Log:

Artemis (Unabridged) [    ]
Artemis (Unabridged) [  2.0 AAC 8:57]

rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Post by rednoah » 09 Jun 2018, 15:16

Here's the manual on "dumb mode" for the GUI:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072

The concepts apply to the CLI. You can process generic files using filebot -rename --db xattr -non-strict ... options.

This thread might give you some inspiration as well:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788

:idea: m4b is an audio file format? Are you sure it isn't just a misnamed mp4 file? :lol:
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 » 09 Jun 2018, 15:20

Every time I feel I've figured out Filebot it can do more in different ways than I knew :shock:

Will read up...thanks for the great support as always.

.m4b = Mpeg 4 audio book, dunno why it needs it's own extension but ye...

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 09 Jun 2018, 15:21

redbull666 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 14:49
Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that.
Yes, it can.

e.g. movie m4b files somewhere:

filebot -rename -r /input --output /somewhere -rename --db xattr -non-strict --filter "ext =~ /m4b/" --format "{fn}"
--filter allows you to select files using your own expressions. --format allows you to name and organize files using your own expressions.
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 » 10 Jun 2018, 01:18

rednoah wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 15:21
redbull666 wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 14:49
Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that.
Yes, it can.

e.g. movie m4b files somewhere:

filebot -rename -r /input --output /somewhere -rename --db xattr -non-strict --filter "ext =~ /m4b/" --format "{fn}"
--filter allows you to select files using your own expressions. --format allows you to name and organize files using your own expressions.
Yes, realize this now, am somewhat embarrassed I did not find this myself, I chalk it up to Filebot being too great for it's own good ;)
Thanks!