Here are the key differences:
- The MAS app works out of the box and does not require you to purchase a FileBot License.
- The MAS app runs in a sandbox with limited system access. FileBot will have to ask for permissions before accessing files.
- The MAS app does not support the filebot command-line tools due to Apple restrictions.
- The MAS app does not support the FileBot Subtitles feature due to Apple restrictions.
- The MAS app does not support the right-click "Send To" menu due to Apple restrictions.
The independent Mac app bundle has no restrictions, but requires you to purchase a FileBot license.