please is there any way to use TheMovieDb for series?

Support for Windows 10 users and the Microsoft Store package
cafevincent

please is there any way to use TheMovieDb for series?

Post by cafevincent » 14 Sep 2018, 11:40

I don't like how TheTVDb works. they currently have their voting feature disabled so many of their show ratings are 10.0, for example. the ratings are generally way off due to low vote counts. in fact they are so way off they are not listing ratings at their site at all ATM.

another thing is that even though they do list the imdb tag, they don't actually come through filebot. I like to include the imdb tag in the filename because that way I can open the imdb page with two clicks using my lookup script in the context menu.

so I am in dire need of getting my series data from somewhere else. is it in any way possible to fetch series data via TheMovieDb? I mean they do have series and better data accuracy so why not? or at least tell me why imdb tag via TheTVDb is not delivered, they are not answering my emails.

cafevincent

Re: please is there any way to use TheMovieDb for series?

Post by cafevincent » 14 Sep 2018, 11:57

I am assuming imdb tags are not coming through for anybody. if it's just me then let me know and I'll post them logs and everything.

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 14 Sep 2018, 14:51

Yes, you can click the TheMovieDB button instead of the TheTVDB button (Episode Mode section) if you prefer to match files with TheMovieDB episode data.

If you're using TheTVDB, then you may be able to use the {omdb} (omdb info for given movie / series if available) binding in your format expression to get the ratings / ids you want.

e.g. series imdb id via omdb query:

Code: Select all

{omdb.imdbId}
e.g. series rating via omdb query:

{omdb.rating}

:!: Note that {imdbid} only works for Movie Mode / Movie Objects and does not work for Episode Objects regardless of selected database.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

cafevincent

Post by cafevincent » 14 Sep 2018, 15:25

rednoah wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 14:51
Yes, you can click the TheMovieDB button instead of the TheTVDB button (Episode Mode section) if you prefer to match files with TheMovieDB episode data.
how about command line? how do I signal TheMovieDb that I want series results?

rednoah wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 14:51
If you're using TheTVDB, then you may be able to use the {omdb} (omdb info for given movie / series if available) binding in your format expression to get the ratings / ids you want.

e.g. series imdb id via omdb query:

{omdb.imdbId}
e.g. series rating via omdb query:

{omdb.rating}

:!: Note that {imdbid} only works for Movie Mode / Movie Objects and does not work for Episode Objects regardless of selected database.
I can't get this to work. it said something about "." being unexpected while I was typing it in, and now returning to the screen it says "binding omdb: server returned http response code 401"

I actually thought the OMDb had been out of use for years now. it has not worked for me at least.

anyway this is how I wrote it

{n} {s00e00} {t} {genres} {certification} r{omdb.rating} {vf} {vc} {ac}-{omdb.imdbId}

kim
Power User

Post by kim » 14 Sep 2018, 19:42

how about command line? how do I signal TheMovieDb that I want series results?
you can if you use my custom AMC script:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5451&p=31192#p31191

To get TV from themoviedb:
--def tmdbTV=y (default is use thetvdb)