Cleaner script problems

Support for Windows users
shredder5262

Cleaner script problems

Post by shredder5262 »

Total noob here and looking for some help.
I've managed to mud my way through making a workable script command to move/rename movies from location A to B, but I cannot seem to get this script to clean up files in location A. I have tried using the --def clean=y command within the main script. I've also tried using the -script fn:cleaner script and neither seem to provide ANYTHING much less the results I'm expecting. Please help

Here is my command that I've made so far... keep in mind this a testing scenario

Code: Select all

Main code :
Call filebot -script fn:amc --output "C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Organized Media" --action Copy -non-strict "C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Bubble" --log-file "C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Amc Log Files\amc.log" --def excludeList="C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Amc Log Files\excludelist\amc.txt" --def clean=y --def music=y --conflict skip --def artwork=y --def skipExtract=y --def unsorted=y "C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Amc Log Files\Unidentified Media" --def clean=y

I have run this separately as a test also with no luck: 
Call filebot -script fn:cleaner "C:\Users\downloader\Desktop\Bubble"
rednoah
The Source

Re: Cleaner script problems

Post by rednoah »

What exactly are you trying to do?

Since you're using --action copy the original video files will remain in the original location, which means the cleaner script won't touch any folders as these folders still contain video files.

Here's what the manual says:
rednoah wrote: 21 Jul 2012, 09:50
  1. Delete clutter files like artwork, samples, etc in folders that have been left over after moving video files.
  2. Won't touch any file in folders where there is at least one video file.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p1341
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
shredder5262

Post by shredder5262 »

yes, I've read that section many times. Basically, the result Im trying to achieve is to extract the movie file (using copy or move or whatever works) to put it in a renamed file in location B and get rid of the original downloaded folder, files, and whatever else comes in it. I'd like to be able to do this all in the same script command if possible.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What happens if you change --action copy to --action move in your amc call?
shredder5262

Post by shredder5262 »

I think i got it to work. I used the Move command. It worked when one download finished, trying it now with multiple. Occasionally there are "sample" videos in downloads...what then? will the command not work and I'll have to manually delete folders that have those inside, or is there a parameter that i can set ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 21 Jul 2012, 09:50 Won't touch any file in folders where there is at least one video file (that is larger than minsize).
rednoah wrote: 21 Jul 2012, 09:50 --def minsize=bytes files smaller than minsize will be deleted as clutter regardless of extension. Default is 20 MB.
How large are sample files? If they're less than 20 MB then they'll be considered clutter. If they're larger than 20 MB then you'll need to make a separate cleaner call and pass in --def minsize with your custom file size limit.