FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming your Movies, TV Shows and Anime as well as fetching subtitles and artwork. It's smart and just works.
FileBot makes organizing your movies and TV shows a breeze! We'll automatically match your files with information from various online databases. How you want your media files to be named and organized is completely up to you. Our groovy format engine supports pretty much anything!
- Drag movie or episode files into the "Original Files" list area
- Right-click "New Names" list area and select your preferred datasource
- Hit "Rename"!
Fetching subtitles is just as easy, just drop it in! Besides automatic lookup you'll also be able to manually search and download subtitles, preview subtitles and fix encoding problems (e.g. force UTF-8).
- Drag your movie or episode files onto the top-right drop area
- Hit "Download"!
Use FileBot from the command-line! There is a simple CLI for core tasks like renaming media files and fetching subtitles as well as checking or creating SFV files. On top of that you can use our scripting engine to define more complex automated processing. There's already shared scripts for various tasks that you can just run right away or further customize to your needs.
- Watch media folders and organize new files automatically
- Extract files from multi-volume rar archives
- Fetch artwork and create nfo files for TV shows or movies
- Export your media files including media info as CSV text file
- Transfer files from and to any server via FTP/SCP/SFTP and run commands via SSH
- Update your Kodi or Plex library ... and more!
Setting up a fully automated media center – extract archives, organize tv shows and movies, download subtitles, fetch artwork and metadata, update Kodi – with FileBot it's that easy!
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop (no need to bother with file dialogs)
- Platform-independent and straight-forward application deployment
- Powerful and full-featured cmdline interface and scripting interface for any kind of automation
- Fetch episode info from TheTVDB, AniDB or TVmaze
- Accurate and robust and simply awesome file / episode matching logic
- Series / Anime / Movie name auto-detection
- Powerful and highly customizable episode naming scheme
- Supports language preferences for series and episode titles
- Supports movie identification and renaming via TheMovieDB
- Reverse rename files using internal history or the original torrent file
- Advanced logic for matching files to most suitable subtitles
- Find exact subtitles on OpenSubtitles
- Upload subtitles with movie hash to OpenSubtitles
- Integrated subtitle viewer for srt, ass and sub files
- Transcode any subtitle as UTF-8 encoded srt
- Aware of checksums that are embedded in the filename
common in anime releases
- Directly compare two or more directory trees
- Auto-lookup of any existing file verification
- Available on the Microsoft Store
- Available on the Mac App Store
- The Mac App Store version does not support certain features.
- Windows Installer: FileBot_4.8.2_x64.msi
- Windows Portable ZIP: FileBot_4.8.2-portable.zip (requires Java 10)
- macOS installer: FileBot_4.8.2.pkg
- macOS app bundle: FileBot_4.8.2.app.tar.xz (requires Java 10)
- Debian package: FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb
- POSIX portable tarball: FileBot_4.8.2-portable.tar.xz for Linux, BSD and Solaris (requires Java 8)
- Windows package is available via Chocolatey
- macOS package is available via brew cask
- Debian package is available via APT
- Ubuntu package is available on the Ubuntu Store
- Synology NAS package is available via Package Center
- QNAP NAS package is available via App Center
- Docker images are available on Docker Hub
Buy a LicensePurchase 1 year universal license
- A valid license is required to unlock FileBot.
- A single license is valid on all platforms and can be used on multiple machines.
- Microsoft Store and Mac App Store purchases do not require a separate license.