"-conflict auto" with file data in filename.

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
mrm1st3r

"-conflict auto" with file data in filename.

Post by mrm1st3r »

I'm having trouble with the "-conflict auto" command within the AMC script, due to how I name my files. My file name expression results in a filename like this:

The Blacklist - S04E05 - The Lindquist Concern [720p.HDTV.AVC.AC3.5.1]

When a better file is downloaded and renamed, the file sometimes has a different filename compared to the one that's already in my library. This means that there isn't a file conflict, and AMC doesn't replace the old file. I then end up with two files in my library:

The Blacklist - S04E05 - The Lindquist Concern [720p.HDTV.AVC.AC3.5.1]
The Blacklist - S04E05 - The Lindquist Concern [1080p.WEB-DL.AVC.AC3.5.1]

I realize I could solve this problem by omitting all the extra file data, and just stick with "{n} - {s00e00} - {t}", however I really like being able to see exactly what the file is when I'm manually browsing through my file structure.

So, what are my options? Is it possible to modify the filebot AMC script to ignore the characters in the square brackets when it checks for duplicates?

I suppose I could write a script which checks for the "duplicates" after AMC has finished with them. Using FORFILES and Mediainfo CLI or something...Any suggestions or tips would be great.

For reference:
- Windows 10 64bit
- Running AMC script from a .bat file.
- Latest version of filebot (4.7.2)
- Latest version of MediaInfo - Which is working.
- My filebot renaming expression:
{n.replaceAll(/[:|]/, " - ")}\{episode.special ? "Special" : "Season "+s}\{n.replaceAll(/[:|]/, " - ")} - {episode.special ? "S00E"+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t} [{"$vf"}{".$source"}{".$vc"}{".$ac"}{".$channels"}]
rednoah
The Source

Re: "-conflict auto" with file data in filename.

Post by rednoah »

The conflict options are about how to deal with file conflicts.

If you want to list or delete logical duplicates the you'll want to look at the duplicates script. ;)

@see viewtopic.php?t=3986
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mrm1st3r

Re: "-conflict auto" with file data in filename.

Post by mrm1st3r »

Ah, fantastic. All the hard work is done. Thanks heaps Red!