Computer crashing problem with amc

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Manu

Computer crashing problem with amc

Post by Manu »

Hi,

I've been using amc since forever and for a while now I've had a crash every time uTorrent launches filebot. The crash doesn't shut down my computer, but more like locks it. The cursor won't move, if there was sound playing it will hang etc.

First I used qbittorrent, when the crashing started I moved to uTorrent and it worked for a while. Now it's back with a pretty weird log.

I reinstalled java, reinstalled filebot (I'm using the latest version) and I'm officially out of ideas. Hope you guys can help.

This is the command I use in the torrent:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "L:/SARJAT" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" --def movieFormat="J:/_Elokuvat/{n} ({y})/{fn}" --def seriesFormat="L:/SARJAT/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{fn}"
and here's the log file:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue May 30 21:36:07 EEST 2017]
Parameter: excludeList = amc.excludes
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_label = showrss
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb[rartv]
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_file = RARBG.txt
Parameter: ut_dir = L:\_SORT\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb[rartv]
Parameter: movieFormat = J:/_Elokuvat/{n} ({y})/{fn}
Parameter: seriesFormat = L:/SARJAT/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{fn}
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char < > at index 0:                                                                                                                                                                                                             L:\_SORT\Rick.and.Morty.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]\rick.and.morty.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-w4f.mkv
Use excludes: L:\SARJAT\amc.excludes (1710)
Input: L:\_SORT\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb[rartv]\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv
Group: [tvs:the handmaids tale] => [The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Handmaids Tale]
Fetching episode data for [The Handmaid's Tale]
[COPY] From [L:\_SORT\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb[rartv]\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv] to [L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\Season 1\The.Handmaids.Tale.S01E04.Nolite.Te.Bastardes.Carborundorum.REPACK.720p.HULU.WEBRip.DD5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Fetching series artwork for [The Handmaid's Tale / Season 1] to [L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\Season 1]
Generate Series NFO: The Handmaid's Tale [321239]
Banner already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\poster.jpg
Banner already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\banner.jpg
Banner already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\fanart.jpg
Banner already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\Season 1\poster.jpg
Banner not found: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\Season 1\banner.jpg / seasonwide:seasonwide
Fanart already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\clearart.png
Fanart already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\logo.png
Fanart already exists: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\landscape.jpg
Fanart not found: L:\SARJAT\The Handmaid's Tale\Season 1\landscape.jpg / seasonthumb
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
The weird part is:

java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char < > at index 0:                                                                                                                                                                                                             L:\_SORT\Rick.and.Morty.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-W4F[rarbg]\rick.and.morty.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-w4f.mkv
What is this and does it have something to do with the crashing? How do I get rid of it?

Sometimes it will do it's job, but most of the time it just crashes. It's driving me crazy.

and oh btw, it's a Windows 7 machine.

PS. The Handmaid's Tale didn't sort anywhere. It crashed before it could.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Computer crashing problem with amc

Post by rednoah »

Programs cannot interfere with the OS in the way you describe, even if they wanted to, so it sounds more like a Windows 7 issue. I recommend using Windows 10 instead.

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Sorry for the late reply. I've had my downloads on hold because of this problem. If the programs can't interfere with the OS as you say, how come the only time the system hangs is when Filebot launches? Pretty odd I'd say.

Here's the output

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-05-15 (r500)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_131
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 23 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Done ?(?????)?
Manu

Post by Manu »

Soooooo any ideas? I don't mean to spam but it's been a week.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea. I don't really use Windows 7 anymore so I can't really help you there. Maybe as low-level filesystem issue. AFAIK nobody else has reported a similar issue on any OS.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks for the answer bro. I've been delaying updating my OS cause I've been afraid my server and all the automation would break, but now I might as well. I'll buy Filebot from the store as soon as I update.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Considering that this is a really odd issue that shouldn't be possible in the first place, I'd recommend a full clean install of the latest OS, instead of an upgrade.