401 unauthorised access

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
fileninja

401 unauthorised access

Post by fileninja »

Hello,
I've just moved house, and after reconnecting everything, I'm having issues getting FileBot Node to work on my Synology. It's installed properly, but it looks like the screenshot linked here https://cl.ly/3S2B29163N3l.
That means that I cannot untick the categories at all.
I've had a look into the console and I'm getting the following errors when the page loads.

Code: Select all

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized) (version, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized) (tasks, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized) (tasks, line 0)
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Many thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: 401 unauthorised access

Post by rednoah »

I'm not familiar with this error message. So you're saying it's fundamentally working (installed, works via SSH, etc) and only the FileBot Node Web UI is not loading? How are you accessing the Web UI? You need to be logged in via DSM, and open it via DSM.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
fileninja

Post by fileninja »

Yes, all seems to work fine. It's literally only the GUI. I tried re-installing too.
Yeah, I've opened it from the homescreen, and then directly via it's index page. Any suggestions what else to try? :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Use DSM to open the FileBot Node UI window. Do not open the index page directly.
2. Logout of DSM.
3. Log into DSM. Make sure you're logged in as "admin" and not anything else.
4. Click "View Log" in the FileBot Node package page and see if it says anything.

Maybe restart DSM.
fileninja

Post by fileninja »

Hey,
I feel really silly that it took me this long to find the issue, but here it is.
Chrome works, so it's just Safari. And those lines I pasted were a red herring; what I believe to be the actual issue is just above in the Console:

Code: Select all

Refused to execute a script because its hash, its nonce, or 'unsafe-inline' does not appear in the script-src directive of the Content Security Policy.
I found the following information about it.
https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials ... whitelists

I'm not sure whether it's a new feature in High Sierra or my version of Safari (which is 11.0.1)? I don't have another machine to be able to test it with.
Any ideas on how to get around this?

(and btw I tried all of your suggestions. this is definitely browser related!)

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for narrowing down the source of the issue.

I'll look into fix when time allows.
fileninja

Post by fileninja »

Amazing, thank you!
In the meantime, I'm wondering whether you can help me with the following:
I had to uninstall and re-install FileBot Node as there was an issue with, and with it I seem to have lost my scheduled FileBot task. I can't remember the exact settings I had entered, and as the settings are stored in the browser, I can't use Chrome to open FileBot Node and set it again. In Safari, the first few boxes show that my previous settings are still stored in the cookies, but I obviously can't see the further details as the tabs won't unhide.
Any ideas on how I can try and determine the settings? Export them from the cookies in some way maybe? I've tried viewing source but the data isn't in there.

No worries if this isn't possible!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm fairly sure that persistent state is store in "local storage" but if Safari has a way of viewing that for all the different sites that have stored data I don't know.