How to match files based on my own database?

Any questions? Need some help?
satoshi123

How to match files based on my own database?

Post by satoshi123 »

Lately, I've been frustrated that thetvdb and omdb are unable to match most UFC events. I was so frustrated I decided to learn python and solve this myself! I just finished writing the script.

The script creates a spreadsheet that with five columns that store the event number, event title, alternative title, date and venue.
I also wrote a script that stores the weight class and names of the athletes in each fight (for each event) in the summary field of an .nfo file.

Right now, I'm still working on downloading the event posters and writing the .nfo files for importing into pleX and KODI.

Is there a way to point filebot to my database for renaming?
If so, what file format is best (.csv, .txt, .xls, .xlsx...?) and what should the structure look like?

If not, where can I find documentation on how filebot code works?
If I there isn't, are there any other resources that you might know of that would help me with this project? (matching filenames to a database/list, renaming and moving?)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help. I'll keep updating the post as more info come in and will probably post the code on GitHub or somewhere.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to match files based on my own database?

Post by rednoah »

You can't add datasources like the built-in ones.

If you want to use the GUI then you can just drop text files into the New Names list.

If you want to make a batch rename script. Then you can do that in any language, independent of FileBot.

There's some help here in the forums and existing scripts on how to deal with generic files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
satoshi123

Re: How to match files based on my own database?

Post by satoshi123 »

Thanks rednoah!

I will begin searching the forums for solution, and report back to this thread, in case anyone else is looking for a solution to the UFC issue.

Thanks again for creating this great program!