Can't run FileBot on Synology NAS

Any questions? Need some help?
petgriffin

Can't run FileBot on Synology NAS

Post by petgriffin » 14 Jan 2018, 14:19

Hi

I just installed FileBot on my Synology NAS but get a screen that just says "Error" when I try to run it. I have installed (a) Java 8 (b) node4.js (c) Chromaprint and (d) MediaInfo as suggested in the installation instructions and am running FileBot node as admin. All suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance

rednoah
The Source

Re: Can't run FileBot on Synology NAS

Post by rednoah » 14 Jan 2018, 14:43

Please have a look at the Synology / FileBot Node troubleshooting page.

Posting logs, system information, architecture, etc would be helpful for me in helping you. ;)
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

petgriffin

Post by petgriffin » 15 Jan 2018, 13:54

Could you please point me to the Synology/FileBot node troubleshooting page. This is the only screen shot that indicates the problem:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 15 Jan 2018, 16:54

Here is the Troubleshooting page:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3368

Have you tried using FileBot Node directly in the local area network? There may be issues if you're using it via the Synology QuickConnect proxy service.
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

petgriffin

Post by petgriffin » 16 Jan 2018, 21:56

Hi Rednoah

I checked the FileBot log in package Center and found that FileBot Node wasn't running - hadn't realised that I needed to do this :oops: . it is now running and the last line in the log file is this:

filebot-node listening at http://127.0.0.1:5424

However, I tried clicking both "execute" and "dry run" from FileBot Node but again nothing happens and there is no activity in the FileBot Node log. I think I am missing something obvious but no idea what it is ....

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 16 Jan 2018, 22:00

Have you tried using FileBot Node directly in the local area network? There may be issues if you're using it via the Synology QuickConnect proxy service.

petgriffin

Post by petgriffin » 19 Jan 2018, 08:31

I am running Win 7 - can I run FileBot Node on the LAN with this OS? The Download Center only seems to have a Win 10 version

dixitarjun

Post by dixitarjun » 28 Feb 2018, 21:02

FileBot is simply crashing when opened! I've the crash logs where do I send them @rednoah?

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah » 01 Mar 2018, 06:06

You can post logs on Pastebin and then post a link here.