Using AMC to output report using non-gmail email address?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
shamwich

Using AMC to output report using non-gmail email address?

Post by shamwich »

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way to use the 'email report' using a non-gmail based account (i.e iCloud)

I can't seem to find any further information on the definitions below. Would using a combination of these make the above possible? Or is it something that more complicated scripting requires.
--def gmail=username:password Use the following gmail account to send and receive full reports (username is the username only, without the @gmail.com part)
--def mail=host:port:from Send email via private mail server
--def mailto=email Send report to the given email address (optional, email to yourself if not set)
--def reportError=y Report errors via email
I would have assumed it would be, for example using iCloud as below:

Code: Select all

mail=smtp.mail.me.com:587:[email protected]
But not entirely sure - (and it doesn't seem to work when I try) the logs just show as follows:

Parameter: mail = *****
Parameter: mailto = *****
Parameter: reportError = y
Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Using AMC to output report using non-gmail email address

Post by rednoah »

Yes. That's how it should work.

Is there no email related logging later on after processing?

PS: I highly recommend using PushBullet for notifications.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
shamwich

Post by shamwich »

Thanks.

Stupidly I had the email commands BEFORE the file cleanup commands (silly!)

I have moved them so it looks like this:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/Users/XXX/Downloads/Movies:TV" --log-file amc.log --action move --conflict override --conflict auto -non-strict --def deleteAfterExtract=y subtitles=en "seriesFormat=/Volumes/MOVIES_TV/TV/{n.replaceTrailingBrackets()}/Season {s}/{n.replaceTrailingBrackets()} -S{s}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}" "movieFormat=/Volumes/MOVIES_TV/Movies/{n} ({y})" plex=MBP "ut_dir=/Users/XXX/Downloads/Movies:TV" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=$TR_TORRENT_NAME" mail=smtp.mail.me.com:587:[email protected] [email protected] reportError=y 
But I get the error output i the logs like this:

[mail] Sending email: [FileBot] The.Boxtrolls.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY
     [mail] Failed to send email: 530 5.7.0 No STARTTLS command has been given.
BuildException: Problem while sending mime mail:
Any ideas?

I'll definitely give pushbullet a try - looks like it's not available for Mac OS? Or because it's scripted in AMC it's platform agnostic...I can't seem to find a 'definitive' guide on implementing it for AMC - is there one? Or it's just pice together the puzzle from lots of different threads at this stage..

Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The AMC script is completely platform agnostic and PushBullet and PushOver are working perfectly fine. I don't know if there's a desktop app for PushBullent. If something is not working check your amc call and check/send the logs.

Looks like custom mail server only works with local mail servers / or insecure remote mail servers. It'd be easy to fix by adding additional parameters or modifying the script yourself. Gmail is supported because it supports application-specific passwords that can be revoked at any time. You probably have your Apple account password in clear text in your script. That's a BAD idea. :D

Using : in a file path is definitely not a good idea.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.