FileBot ignores *.mv files

Any questions? Need some help?
rodgear

FileBot ignores *.mv files

Post by rodgear »

okay, I have renamed a series using filebot, saved to my local drive.

I then go into terminal. enter this

Shell: Select all

filebot -script fn:nfo /path/to/media/
of course entering the actual path to media.

The result is nothing, other than it printing out done. No nfo file is created for the series, season or episodes. When I scraped it I used absolute order using tvdb. So its all one season.

My system is running ubuntu.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: confused on using scripts

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: Here's how it works:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -rename Alias.1x01.mp4 --db TheMovieDB::TV --format "{plex.id}" --log INFO
[MOVE] from [Alias.1x01.mp4] to [TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.mp4]

$ filebot -script fn:xattr .
TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.mp4
	net.filebot.filename: Alias.1x01.mp4
	net.filebot.metadata: {"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Alias","season":1,"episode":1,"title":"Truth Be Told","absolute":1,"airdate":{"year":2001,"month":9,"day":30},"id":141453,"group":"Season 1","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Scripted","id":2046,"name":"Alias","aliasNames":["Alias - Die Agentin","Alias 2001","Alias (2001)","Alias, Sydney Bristow","Κωδικός Alias","Agentka o stu twarzach"],"certification":"TV-14","startDate":{"year":2001,"month":9,"day":30},"genres":["Action & Adventure","Drama"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"ABC","rating":6.672,"ratingCount":532,"runtime":60,"status":"Ended"}}

$ filebot -script fn:nfo .
[EPISODE] Alias - 1x01 - Truth Be Told [TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.mp4]
Generate Series NFO: TheMovieDB::TV::2046 [TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Alias {tmdb-2046}.nfo]
Generate Episode NFO: Alias - 1x01 - Truth Be Told [TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.nfo]

:?: Do your files have xattr metadata?

filebot -script fn:xattr "/path/to/files"

:idea: The nfo script notably cannot process files that do not have xattr metadata:
rednoah wrote: 06 Jan 2012, 11:50 Notes:
  • This script does not parse or guess any information from the filename. Files that do not have xattr metadata will be ignored.
  • This script will fetch artwork and movie / series information from the database that was used when renaming the files as per xattr metadata.

:idea: If you are processing files on a remote file system where native extended file attributes are not enabled or supported, then you can configure FileBot to store metadata into .xattr folders and plain/text files. Please read Optimizations for Remote File Systems for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rodgear

Re: How do I use the nfo script?

Post by rodgear »

Thanks for the guidance. For some reason no xattr was being made so I followed the instructions to have it made via
"Optimizations for Remote File Systems" and reprocessed the files. So now I see a folder named .xattr in with the media files. This folder contains many folders matching episode names. In these folders there are net.filebot.metadata and net.filebot.filename files.

I then ran

filebot -script fn:xattr /home/fakeusername/LT/
which now gave me a read out of all files in that directory regarding .xattr info

i then ran

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeusername/LT/
and it just prints out done. With no nfo files generated. What am I doing incorrectly?

thanks again
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rodgear wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 02:30 and it just prints out done. With no nfo files generated. What am I doing incorrectly?
That should not be possible according to the code:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... roovy#L215

:arrow: What does the console output say when you run this command? (NOTE: this sanity check will simply print all input arguments and all the video files it contains; no output at all cannot happen unless there is no input video files)

filebot -script "g: println args; println args.getFiles{ it.video }" "/home/fakeusername/LT/"

:?: Can you provide some of the file paths that don't work? Are you perhaps not processing video files? The console output would be helpful:

$ filebot -script fn:xattr "/path/to/files"
TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.mp4
	net.filebot.filename: Alias.1x01.mp4
	net.filebot.metadata: {"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Alias","season":1,"episode":1,"title":"Truth Be Told","absolute":1,"airdate":{"year":2001,"month":9,"day":30},"id":141453,"group":"Season 1","seriesInfo":{"database":"TheMovieDB::TV","order":"Airdate","language":"en-US","type":"Scripted","id":2046,"name":"Alias","aliasNames":["Alias - Die Agentin","Alias 2001","Alias (2001)","Alias, Sydney Bristow","Κωδικός Alias","Agentka o stu twarzach"],"certification":"TV-14","startDate":{"year":2001,"month":9,"day":30},"genres":["Action & Adventure","Drama"],"spokenLanguages":["en"],"network":"ABC","rating":6.672,"ratingCount":532,"runtime":60,"status":"Ended"}}
rodgear

Post by rodgear »

I reprocessed to another directory.
Ok I ran the sanity check.

filebot -script "g: println args; println args.getFiles{ it.video }" "/home/fakeuser/new1/" 
[/home/fakeuser/new1]
[]
I then ran the xattr script with the same results

filebot -script fn:xattr /home/fakeuser/new1/
/home/fakeuser/new1/looney.tunes.01.mv
        net.filebot.metadata: {"@type":"Episode","seriesName":"Looney Tunes","episode":1,"title":"Hare Tonic","absolute":1,"airdate":{"year":1945,"month":11,"day":10},"id":88356,"seriesInfo":{"database":"TheTVDB","order":"Absolute","language":"en-US","type":"TV Series","id":72514,"name":"Looney Tunes","aliasNames":["Bugs Bunny","Daffy Duck","Foghorn Leghorn","Road Runner","Speedy Gonzales","Sylvester","Tweety","Yosemite Sam"],"startDate":{"year":1929,"month":5,"day":1},"genres":["Comedy","Animation"],"rating":36149.0,"runtime":11,"status":"Ended"}}
        net.filebot.filename: Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv

I ran the nfo script once again pointing to the directory

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeuser/new1/
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I then ran it to the file directly, with and without quotations

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeuser/new1/looney.tunes.01.mv
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

filebot -script fn:nfo "/home/fakeuser/new1/looney.tunes.01.mv"
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeuser/new1/"looney.tunes.01.mv"
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I then saw that the net.filebot.filename in the xattr print out is differnt than the file name, so I tried to run it with that file name

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeuser/new1/Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv

Did you read the manual?
└ https://www.filebot.net/manpage.html

Did you quote and escape your arguments correctly?
└ https://www.filebot.net/help/args.html

args[1] = -script
args[2] = fn:nfo
args[3] = /home/fakeuser/new1/Looney
args[4] = Tunes
args[5] = -
args[6] = E01
args[7] = -
args[8] = Hare
args[9] = Tonic.mv

"-" is not a valid option
So then, this

filebot -script fn:nfo /home/fakeuser/new1/"Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv"
File does not exist: /home/fakeuser/new1/Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
and then this and this just to "throw the kitchen sink" at it

filebot -script fn:nfo "/home/fakeuser/new1/Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv"
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

filebot -script fn:nfo "/home/fakeuser/new1/Looney Tunes - E01 - Hare Tonic.mv"
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Okay thats all I got for now.

please let me know if you need difernt info than i have posted,and thanks again
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

.mv is not a recognized video file format, and thus all .mv files are ignored. The nfo script only works for folders with video files, i.e. *.mkv, *.mp4, *.avi, etc.

:?: What video format / container format are your *.mv files? Maybe *.mkv? Maybe *.mov? You can use the MediaInfo Inspector to inspect to check the Format and what the appropriate Format/Extensions would be.

:?: How did you rename these files with FileBot in the first place? FileBot automatic matching will ignore *.mv files and thus not allow you to match and rename files. That would have been the first clue:

$ filebot -rename *.mv --db TheMovieDB::TV
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
No media files: [Alias.1x01.mv]
rodgear

Post by rodgear »

LMFAO! So all this trouble because when i told handbrake to change the file format to mp4 it produced a file extension of mv for some reason. Lol when i look into the properties of the file there is even a notation saying its an mp4 file. Smh....

Okay, the file size was smallish and i read filebot can have issues with small files. I fillowed to instructions on how to get around this issue using the gui. First you load the series info in the open section on the right of the rename window. Then you load your files in the left section. It then will rename .mv files.

I wonder if i could just change the extension to mp4 seeing that handbrake saves it as mp4 format with this odd mv extension.

Well thanks again, im new to all of this. Ive been at this issue for days now. Thats what i get for assuming handbrake settings where common outputs.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:arrow: You can fix file names like so:

$ filebot -find . --filter 'ext == /mv/' -exec mv -v '{f}' '{folder}/{fn}.mp4'
Alias.1x01.mv -> Alias.1x01.mp4
rodgear

Re: FileBot ignores *.mv files

Post by rodgear »

Just got to my system. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!

everything worked wonderfully. I also see you changed the post title.I appreciate that you didn't change it to "idiot spends four days on file extension issue" ;)