Corrupted after rename

Support for Windows users
RobJ

Corrupted after rename

Post by RobJ »

Hello, I've used filebot for years no issues to rename for my plex server. However recently everything I rename with it looks ok but plex can not read its data like its codec ac3 etc but the same file not renamed can be read correctly on plex

Have I done something or is this a easy fix ???

So here is a video of me in plex get info area on a episode of a tv show that's got 2 files for the same ep one not renamed and the bottom one renamed you can see there's loads of data for the one that's not renamed and it plays but the renamed one doesn't play and you see its little readable data at the bottom of list https://i.gyazo.com/946ff17dfaac6b27cff ... bcd03b.mp4
rednoah
The Source

Re: Corrupted after rename

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Note that renaming cannot corrupt file contents, since renaming does not touch file contents. You seem to be copying files at the very least, since you supposedly have the same file twice. If you have copied files, then you can compare checksums to check if two files are identical or not. If the checksums match, then the file contents are identical.

:?: What are the file paths and file hashes?

:?: What are the MediaInfo properties for each file?
rednoah wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 11:19 Use the built-in MediaInfo Inspector to export raw MediaInfo properties for a selected file:

Icon Open FileBot ➔ Icon Edit Format ➔ Icon Change Sample ➔ Icon Select Media File ➔ Icon Open MediaInfo ➔ Copy to Clipboard

Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.