Script to delete downloaded folder and leave only video file

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
peanutismint

Script to delete downloaded folder and leave only video file

Post by peanutismint »

Using an auto-torrent downloader of TV episodes on OS X (with Transmission) and a lot of the torrents it uses for episodes download an entire folder per episode, containing the video file itself and a lot of other pointless files/folders (NFOs, artwork etc.).

I'm wondering whether there's any scripting I can add to the end of my AMC/Filebot scripts that Transmission runs upon completion to grab only the video file (.mp4 or .mkv or whatever) and move that file to my 'Downloads' folder, and trash everything else....?? Would that be simple enough to add to the end of my AMC script?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script to delete downloaded folder and leave only video

Post by rednoah »

Screenshots? Logs?

The amc script only moves/copies the video files to the output folder. Therefore the newly created output folder cannot contain clutter files. Hence your post doesn't make sense.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
peanutismint

Post by peanutismint »

rednoah wrote:Screenshots? Logs?
For what??
rednoah wrote:The amc script only moves/copies the video files to the output folder. Therefore the newly created output folder cannot contain clutter files. Hence your post doesn't make sense.
Who said anything about the amc script? I've posted this question in a forum about scripting and automation... I'm asking if there's such a thing as a script that will move the one file I actually want from in amongst a load of other files/folders and place it in my Downloads folder, deleting the original torrent folder.

Your post is the one that doesn't make sense mate :-)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

* considering your other posts it looks like you're using the amc script with --action rename

The answer is no. Because such a script would not be necessary ever if you used the amc script correctly in the first place. ;)

But, you're supposed to move/copy media files into a new structure, and leave all the clutter behind in the original location
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.