Adding Lang to subtitle files and modifying permissions

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
as703

Adding Lang to subtitle files and modifying permissions

Post by as703 »

Hi,

I'm just beginning to use filebot in my ubuntu machine via command line and have two small queries that I can't find the solution to despite extensive searching.

Firstly, I need existing English subtitle files to have ".eng" appended to them - e.g Avatar.eng.srt. From what I can under stand this is done by adding {'.'+lang} to the --format argument of the "rename". However, when I run this, it simply outputs 'movie name'.srt - no indication of language. I get the same output without the added {'.'+lang} as with it. For example:

~$ sudo filebot -rename "/mnt/media_a/Movies/Pulse (Kairo)" --db TheMovieDB --format "/mnt/media_a/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){'.'+lang}" -r -non-strict

Returns a folder - /Pulse (2001) - containing the files "Pulse (2001).avi" and "Pulse (2001).srt". I'd like to have the .srt file named "Pulse (2001).eng.srt"

What am I missing here?

Secondly, output files go into a new folder - Movie name (year)/ - but this new folder had different permissions (0775) from the parent folder (0777). I'd like to keep the folder permissions as writable by all (0777), how do I do this?

Many thanks in advance for your help - it's very much appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Adding Lang to subtitle files and modifying permissions

Post by rednoah »

{lang} can't work if the filename doesn't have any information on the language, e.g. "Avatar.English.srt" will work while "Avatar.srt" won't. If you know it's all English then you can just add ".eng" hardcoded into the format. ;)

Set your default umask correctly :arrow: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/understan ... usage.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
as703

Re: Adding Lang to subtitle files and modifying permissions

Post by as703 »

Sorted - Many thanks.