InvalidPathException

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
raydan

InvalidPathException

Post by raydan »

Hi there! I know this problem was discussed some times, but this time it's a bit different.
"InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: "

The difference is that UTF encoding is actually working on my system, so i don't really get why it doesn't work..

: echo $LANG
en_US.utf8

: locale -a
C
POSIX
en_US.utf8

any idea why that is?

: filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.6.1 (r3166)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: Unable to load arm native library libmediainfo.so
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/ffp/opt/filebot/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /usr/local/zy-pkgs/ffproot/ffp/opt/filebot/data/.xattr-test: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Operation not supported
Groovy Engine: 2.4.3
JRE: Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment 1.8.0_51 (headless)
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM
CPU/MEM: 1 Core / 121 MB Max Memory / 11 MB Used Memory
uname: Linux NSA325 2.6.31.8 #2 Fri May 15 13:01:01 CST 2015 armv5tel GNU/Linux
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

I kicked MediaInfo lib because it crashed Filebot (although mediainfo itself is actually working on my system). I'm not quite sure about those Extended Attributes....

any ideas?
rednoah
The Source

Re: InvalidPathException

Post by rednoah »

Logs and full path of the files that don't work might help.

I can just tell you that Extended Attributes doesn't matter, and that that can be disabled via -no-xattr but it's definitely not an issue either way.

I'm afraid you'll have to search the internet for Embedded Linux / Java experts and see if anyone has a similar issue and found a solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
raydan

Post by raydan »

I will post them as soon as i am able to, but it's the usual characters (funny thing is that it shows me the file names just fine ) which means German umlaute etc
raydan

Post by raydan »

hi there! I got it working after some headaches.... by adding "-Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8" to my filebot.sh... im not exactly sure why, because it has shown me that sun.jnu.encoding actually already WAS = UTF-8 when checking my sysenv.... (after checking the forums overe here with your response to a similar issue) but whatever i dont complain! now everything works like a charm and just like intended! :)

thanks for your great program!

cu ray
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. Java should set that System property automatically according to the LANG environment variables... Well, if explicitly setting that property works, then we know how to fix this issue now. Thanks for sharing!

Code: Select all

-Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gijswijs

Post by gijswijs »

This worked for me on ReadyNas Ultra as well.