Plex redundant movie title

Support for Windows users
shrimants

Plex redundant movie title

Post by shrimants »

I used filebot to rename a bunch of movies using the {plex} tag. It seems that all of my files are now put into a redundant folder. Example: instead of \Share\Videos\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar-Grym.mkv I have \Share\Videos\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)\Avatar-Grym.mkv.

I manually changed a few of these before realizing what had happened. How can I fix this? I'm also very iffy on the whole drag/drop vs ctrl+shift+drag mechanism...VERY new to the program.

I'm also having a lot of trouble with Anime movies. Seems Filebot really wants to dump them into my movies folder instead of keeping it within the anime folder. Of course, anime is largely episode based, so I guess I'm having issues telling it the output directory.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Plex redundant movie title

Post by rednoah »

The output path depends on the format you use. Using movie folders is not redundant but what Plex expects by convention. If you want a flat movie structure then you don't want the {Plex} format. ;)

Not sure about Anime. Maybe a screenshot would help us understand what you're trying to do?

As far as Plex is concerned, there is no such things as Anime Movie / Episode. As each files is either associated with TheMovieDB or TheTVDB database entries, just like any other movie or episode.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
shrimants

Post by shrimants »

Gotcha. Thanks, just wanted to make sure I didnt do something wrong, since that isnt how plex's naming convention example looked. IE they just had a single Movie (year) folder rather than Movie(year)\Movie(year).

For anime movies (example, cowboy bebop movie or ghost in the shell: the new movie or movies from Studio Ghibli collection) is there a way to specify the output folder? So maybe it can go \share\videos\Anime\Movies\[all animated movies go here]? Alternatively, can I specify the parent/output directory and use MovieDB?

I'll see if I can grab a screenshot, I'm away from my home machine right now and I dont have it set up for remote external access.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's only one movie folder per movie.

e.g.

Code: Select all

Movies/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv
@see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116

shrimants wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 17:06 I'm also very iffy on the whole drag/drop vs ctrl+shift+drag mechanism...VERY new to the program.
After rereading your original post it seems you're forcing FileBot to process folders as if they were files. Forget the ctrl+shift+drag mechanism and assume that it doesn't exist. You don't need to know about that. It's not what you want. ;)

Based on which information would you be able to decide which movie goes to the Anime folder and which movie doesn't? Once you have an answer to that question, you can easily express it in your format.

The format defines the output path, so what you're trying to do is possible. The easiest solution would be to make your own "Anime Movies" Preset so you can select that depending on what you're dealing with.

Format:

X:/Anime/{plex}
Example Output Path:

X:/Anime/Movies/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv
shrimants

Post by shrimants »

So then regarding 1, tell me if i'm doing this right: I do ctrl+A in the X:/movies folder to highlight everything. I regular drag it into filebot. At this point, i'm expecting that if I click MovieDB, it should automatically tag and rename and reorganize the contents.

I'm assuming this is wrong because when I try it, it doesnt work. So instead, am I supposed to do it 1 movie at a time?

For 2, i'll probably just resign myself to sticking anime-movies into the movie folder instead of the anime folder. a movie is a movie, after all.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No, you can drop any number of files and folders, and then have FileBot organize them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRq2_Pjyko8

If I wanted to process all files in the Movies folder, I'd just drag-n-drop the Movies folder into FileBot.

You're not supposed to process one movie at a time. That would be very inconvenient when processing thousands of files at once, which is what many users do.

If you were to include more screenshots and examples, than I would have a better understanding of what you're trying to do, and give you advice and what the best way to do that would be. ;)