Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\console (console)

Support for Windows users
SuperGraham

Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\console (console)

Post by SuperGraham »

I'm having all sorts of issues just getting FileBot working. I have the Windows Store version of FileBot running on Windows 10 x64. I want to work out how to download artwork for TV shows and films so I need to use the console.

Code: Select all

Press [Windows]
Type 'filebot console' and click the option that appears
This run C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.5.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\filebot.exe
The console shows the following error - '

'

If I press [CTRL]+[C] the window closes as does the additional FileBot window. I want to run commands to download artwork.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\console (console)

Post by rednoah »

:!: You're launching the GUI with debug console. You won't be able to run commands like this, as the debug console is for output only and doesn't allow you to execute commands. You're also passing "console" as first input argument, which doesn't make sense.

:idea: I strongly recommend learning basic command-line skills first, step by step, it'll make sense. Many resources for learning are available on the internet. Google & YouTube will help.

Generally speaking, here's how you run commands on Windows:

1. Start CMD:
https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/4- ... ws-10.html

2. Type commands:

filebot -version
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
SuperGraham

Re: Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\console (console)

Post by SuperGraham »

I know how to run commands on Windows, thanks. I was trying to work out how to do it with Filebot and the instructions talk about some 'console' in which the commands need to be executed. But now I realise all you mean is that the commands are run in a command prompt. I initially had the Windows installer version of Filebot installed, which adds a menu option for Filebot (console), which led me to believe it was a separate application like the Java console.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

SuperGraham wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:10 I know how to run commands on Windows, thanks. I was trying to work out how to do it with Filebot and the instructions talk about some 'console' in which the commands need to be executed. But now I realise all you mean is that the commands are run in a command prompt. I initially had the Windows installer version of Filebot installed, which adds a menu option for Filebot (console), which led me to believe it was a separate application like the Java console.
I see. FileBot and FileBot (console) are identical, except one executable is marked as GUI, and the other marked as CLI. Windows is odd that way, can't have it both ways like on Linux.

:idea: If you're using the Windows Store app, then you don't need to worry about either. There's one filebot command for the command-line tool, and one FileBot tile in the menu to launch the GUI application, both are standardized entry points as defined by UWP and managed by the Windows Store.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.