This movie title fails to match: Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

Support for Windows users
paxnn

This movie title fails to match: Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

Post by paxnn »

This movie title fails to match correctly.
"Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)"
rednoah
The Source

Re: This movie title fails to match,

Post by rednoah »

Screenshots? Logs? File Paths?

Looks good to me:

Code: Select all

$ filebot -rename *.mp4 --db TheMovieDB --action TEST --log INFO
Skipped [Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959).mp4] because [Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959).mp4] already exists
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
paxnn

Re: This movie title fails to match: Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)

Post by paxnn »

Full screen image:

movie file path:
F:\movieRIP\Journey To The Center Of The Earth (1959)\Journey To The Center Of The Earth (1959) HD\Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)\BDMV\
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, IDK. GUI works for me too. If I try this exact path, it will match the correct movie without even asking.

As for general advice, you can SHIFT-CLICK TheMovieDB to force manual query input if you want to enter the movie id 11571 manually:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46
Q: How do I fix misidentified files?
If the series / movie is not auto-detected correctly you can SHIFT-CLICK Image the database to force manual input and selection of the series or movie. You can manually fix an individual match via Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Match. As a last resort, you can always grab the episode list in in the Episodes panel and then drag-and-drop or selectively copy-and-paste the episode data you want over into Rename. Click Match Image to automatically align files with episodes or use drag-n-drop to realign ImageImage files and episode data. There's video tutorials here and here that'll show you how it works.

If you're using the command-line you can do the same via the --q and --filter options. Please read --q manual lookup and --filter and fine-tuning manual and have a look at the video tutorial. The --mapper option may also come in handy. When dealing with problematic files manually on the command-line, the --action TEST and --mode interactive options can be very useful.
paxnn

Post by paxnn »

A clip of the screen shot.

Look close, match has returned three "Journey to the center of the earth (2008)" and no "1954".
The app is broken.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Your cache is Not correct
2008 is now 2009 = old cache
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/45361- ... uage=en-US
paxnn

Post by paxnn »

@kim
What are you saying?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What happens if you follow the instructions? You can use lookup-by-id as possible workaround, but it also serves as a test that will give us vital clues as to what might be going awry on your machine.

:?: Does it still not work even if you manually enter the Movie ID? If you force manual query input and enter 11571 then it shouldn't even give you a list of options to select from, because the numeric ID is a unique identifier already.

rednoah wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 18:27 2.
As for general advice, you can SHIFT-CLICK TheMovieDB to force manual query input if you want to enter the movie id 11571 manually:
rednoah wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46
Q: How do I fix misidentified files?
If the series / movie is not auto-detected correctly you can SHIFT-CLICK Image the database to force manual input and selection of the series or movie. You can manually fix an individual match via Double-Click ➔ Image Edit Match. As a last resort, you can always grab the episode list in in the Episodes panel and then drag-and-drop or selectively copy-and-paste the episode data you want over into Rename. Click Match Image to automatically align files with episodes or use drag-n-drop to realign ImageImage files and episode data. There's video tutorials here and here that'll show you how it works.

If you're using the command-line you can do the same via the --q and --filter options. Please read --q manual lookup and --filter and fine-tuning manual and have a look at the video tutorial. The --mapper option may also come in handy. When dealing with problematic files manually on the command-line, the --action TEST and --mode interactive options can be very useful.

There could indeed be an issue with caching outdated information, but FileBot won't cache information for more than a few days, and that movie is from 1959 so not exactly recent. But perhaps Journey To The Center Of The Earth (1959) was added to the database or changed rather recently?
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

What language are you using ?

If I use other language e.g. German I get the year 2008 also so something is wrong here ?
I cant see an error in the API so maybe in Filebots internal cache ?
[Die Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Erde (1959), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1977), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1993), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1988), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), The Journey (2019), The Journey (1992), Engeyum Eppodhum (2011), The Journey (2014), The Journey (2001), The Journey (2004)]
paxnn

Post by paxnn »

Everything works with the latest beta.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

that's because you now have clean cache and maybe now using diff. language ?

@rednoah
anywho:
The problem with the year is still there

kim wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 19:13 What language are you using ?

If I use other language e.g. German I get the year 2008 also so something is wrong here ?
I cant see an error in the API so maybe in Filebots internal cache ?
[Die Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Erde (1959), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1977), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1993), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1988), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), The Journey (2019), The Journey (1992), Engeyum Eppodhum (2011), The Journey (2014), The Journey (2001), The Journey (2004)]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I had a quick try with the latest beta using German as preferred language. The correct match does end up on top for me. It's asking me to manually confirm though, presumably because the English file name doesn't match the German movie name well.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

It looks like FB does not do a API search and only use internal cache ?

Changes:
August 5, 2019
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/45361- ... ease_dates

and still year is 2008 not 2009

Fix:
make FB do a API search (https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/mov ... uage=en-US)
compare id's and update e.g. year aka release_date if changed
look for new movies and add them to list (best match for...)

maybe only do this if multiple matches in internal cache ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. The same movie may be displayed as 2008 or 2009 depending on what might be a better match for the files. However, if you click on the result, then FileBot will always get the latest localized data for your preferred language anyway, so even if it shows up as 2008 during selection, it'll still be formatted as 2009. Figuring out exactly why it works out this way, that would take a few hours of debugging, but I'll let it be for now since the original problem with the 1959 movie has been resolved already. I'll keep an eye out on similar issues though.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

rednoah wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 02:45 Figuring out exactly why it works out this way, that would take a few hours of debugging
it's in the Filebots internal cache aka moviedb.txt.xz
1231575 0045361 2008 Journey to the Center of the Earth Journey to Middle Earth
this does not have the year, so how you make file I don't know ?
{"adult":false,"id":45361,"original_title":"Journey to the Center of the Earth","popularity":6.152,"video":false}
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/get ... le-exports

btw: the beta's filename is
moviedb.txt-1
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's just a search index, not authoritative information. Actually, I would expect TMDB::0045361 to be listed at least twice, once for each known release year. So what happens is, when you click on Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) then you are in fact selecting the ID TMDB::0045361 and not the human-readable name+year pair that just so happens to be displayed. The complete movie metadata for your preferred language is then retrieved by ID TMDB::0045361 upon confirmation, which is Die Reise zum Mittelpunkt der Erde (2009) if your preferred language is German. Note that the year can change, by design, since the year may be different depending on the preferred localization.

kim wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 16:51 btw: the beta's filename is
moviedb.txt-1
Not sure what this means. I'm not aware of any FileBot client-side or server-side code that would add -1 to file paths.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

but what are the sources you use to make moviedb.txt.xz :?:

rednoah wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 03:13 Actually, I would expect TMDB::0045361 to be listed at least twice, once for each known release year.
FYI: there is only 1
kim wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 16:51
1231575 0045361 2008 Journey to the Center of the Earth Journey to Middle Earth
btw: why is the thumb poster for e.g. Journey to the Center of the Earth 1959 missing ?
rednoah wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 15:45 I had a quick try with the latest beta using German as preferred language. The correct match does end up on top for me. It's asking me to manually confirm though, presumably because the English file name doesn't match the German movie name well.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, something is not working the way I imagine it's supposed to work. I'll look into it when there is time, but low-priority for now since the OP use case works just fine regardless.