Plex is not seeing my files

Support for Windows users
davzell

Plex is not seeing my files

Post by davzell »

Hello,

I use AMC Script and filebot to rename file for a Plex server.

Example of my script

Code: Select all

Filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:\PLEX" -non-strict "E:\VIDEOS" --log-file amc.log  --action duplicate --def unsorted=y seriesFormat='{plex'}
it works well and created E:\PLEX\TV Shows\Dexter - New Blood\Season 01\Dexter - New Blood - S01E04 - H is for Hero.mkv

I don't know why but plex don't see my file.
If i rename the file with Kodi format, like "Dexter- 1x04 - H is for Hero" my file appear on Plex server but with "Season 01" in name.

i try to replace {plex} by {kodi} but it not working.

have you an idea to correct this problem ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem with AMC SCRIPT and Plex

Post by rednoah »

Plex not seeing files that are there sounds like a Plex problem entirely unrelated to FileBot.

:arrow: You might need to perform the The Plex Dance™ to force Plex to scan for new files correctly:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/the-plex-dance/197064

:arrow: If that doesn't work, best to ask in the Plex forums.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
davzell

Re: Plex is not seeing my files

Post by davzell »

I know it’s a plex problem but i want try to by-pass this problem with amc script and kodi renaming

And this is my problem, if i try to use the amc script and change {plex} by {kodi}, This no working
rednoah
The Source

Re: Plex is not seeing my files

Post by rednoah »

davzell wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 19:59 And this is my problem, if i try to use the amc script and change {plex} by {kodi}, This no working
What does the log say? Please read How to Request Help.

rednoah wrote: 01 Aug 2012, 13:04 Change how files will be organized and renamed:
This script uses multiple format expressions, so the simple --format option is not supported. You can override the default naming schemes via the --def movieFormat, seriesFormat, animeFormat and musicFormat options. Relative paths will be resolved against --output and you can use absolute paths if you want to use multiple drives.

--def movieFormat="M:/{plex}" seriesFormat="S:/{plex}" animeFormat="T:/{plex}" musicFormat="U:/{plex}"
You can use a custom series format like so:

--def seriesFormat="{kodi}"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.