Undefined error retrieving subtitles

Support for Windows users
GameOverAus

Undefined error retrieving subtitles

Post by GameOverAus »

Forgive if this has been covered, i did search and nothing came up

This is happening frequently but randomly if that makes sense.
Seems for the most part with Filebot when using the subtitle retrieval/upload section if you don't close and reopen the programme each time you do a successfull search/retrieval you get the following error on ANY subtitle.

"undefined variable: cannot invoke "net.filebot.vfs.MemoryFile.getData()" because "<parameter1> is null (insert subtitle search name)"

I've posted this in the Opensource forum too. It's only when trying to retrieve subtitles.

Happens also in the middle of retrievals aswell. so some subtitles retrieve fine within the same search and others do not
rednoah
The Source

Re: Undefined error retrieving subtitles

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does the log say?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help if you need help finding the log.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GameOverAus

Post by GameOverAus »

Code: Select all

Dec 19, 2022 7:02:34 AM net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitleAutoMatchDialog$SubtitleDescriptorBean fetch
WARNING: No Such File: https://dl.opensubtitles.org/en/download/src-api/vrf-19d90c5d/sid-NFVVd,63yFkJCqMDMvJRJrCP5Xb/file/1957455295.gz [404 Not Found]
Dec 19, 2022 7:02:34 AM net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitleAutoMatchDialog$DownloadTask doInBackground
WARNING: Ghost Whisperer S05E17 On Thin Ice.DVDRip.HI.cc.en.CBS.srt: Undefined Variable: Cannot invoke "net.filebot.vfs.MemoryFile.getData()" because "<parameter1>" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.filebot.vfs.MemoryFile.getData()" because "<parameter1>" is null
	at net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitleAutoMatchDialog$SubtitleCoding$1.transcode(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitleAutoMatchDialog$DownloadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.subtitle.SubtitleAutoMatchDialog$DownloadTask.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
GameOverAus

Post by GameOverAus »

I was doing the whole 8 seasons in one go, when it started failing half way through, clearly the files are there cause i just went back and did them folder by folder and they all downloaded fine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you reproduce the issue with the latest revision?
viewtopic.php?t=1609

The root cause of the issue is OpenSubtitles sending back a bad response:

Code: Select all

WARNING: No Such File: https://dl.opensubtitles.org/en/download/src-api/vrf-19d90c5d/sid-NFVVd,63yFkJCqMDMvJRJrCP5Xb/file/1957455295.gz [404 Not Found]
If OpenSubtitles was just down, then we could do an automatic retry, but 404 Not Found is really misleading if the URL is valid but OpenSubtitles can't send a valid response for some other reason.
GameOverAus

Post by GameOverAus »

That is with the latest version of Filebot 4.9.6.
with the 4.9.8 beta i can't login to opensubtitles therefore cant test if my issue is resolved, it just hangs otherwise all the other things seem to work.

I'm thinking there's something going on on there end. There end is claiming i keep reaching my 1000 download daily limit when i only did a few hundred.

Thank you for you replies :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot r9480 should print better error messages. We can't help OpenSubtitles not sending a valid response. But the Download button now allows you do to do a manual retry. So you can just click Download every 5 minutes until all the selected subtitles download successfully.
GameOverAus

Post by GameOverAus »

Thank you, well i'll have to wait for the full version, cause i cannot login to opensubtitles with the beta version, it just hangs.
Given up on Opensubtitles, can't even login to there forum site now.

https://subscene.com/ is a better and much easier choice. Atleast it works, they may not have all shows but what they do WORKS and it's free