Whats wrong with filebot / tvdb?

Support for Windows users
skullzy
Power User

Whats wrong with filebot / tvdb?

Post by skullzy »

There seems to be an issue with filebot or Tvdb, I noticed this with family guy and now lost girl.

First Family guy s14e01 was renamed s14e02 but with episod 01's title and now it wont work with lost girl, At first I thought it was my script, specifically the age filter and non-scrict, so I changed the filter from 4 days to 24 hours because it was renaming lost girl to girl code except it was renaming it to an episode outside of the filters range.

Code: Select all

Exclude: C:\Users\Plex\Downloads\Complete\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\Sample\sample-lost.girl.s05e13.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.mkv
Group: [tvs:lost girl] => [Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Lost Girl, Girl]
Fetching episode data for [Lost Girl]
Fetching episode data for [Girls]
Fetching episode data for [Girl Code]
Fetching episode data for [Girl's High]
Fetching episode data for [Girls Bravo]
Apply Filter: {(now.time - airdate.timeStamp < 86400000)}
Include [Girl Code - 4x17 - TBA]
[COPY] Rename [C:\Users\Plex\Downloads\Complete\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\lost.girl.s05e13.720p.hdtv.x264-killers\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv] to [C:\Users\Plex\Documents\Tv\Girl Code\Season 4\Girl Code - S04E17 - TBA.mkv]
So I done a bit of testing and even with the following script it still fails to rename this episode properly.

Filebot.exe -script "C:/amc.groovy" --output "C:/Users/Plex/Documents" --log-file 

"Lost.Girl.Test.log" --action test --conflict override -non-strict -no-xattr --def "clean=y" 

"seriesFormat=C:/Users/Plex/Documents/Tv/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" 

"movieFormat=C:/Users/Plex/Documents/Movies/{n} ({y})" ut_label="TVNEW" ut_state="3" 

ut_title="Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS" ut_kind="multi" 

ut_file="lost.girl.s05e13.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.nfo" ut_dir="C:\Users\Plex\Downloads\Complete

\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS"
Log

Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Lost Girl, Girl]
Fetching episode data for [Lost Girl]
Fetching episode data for [Girls]
Fetching episode data for [Girl Code]
Fetching episode data for [Girl's High]
Fetching episode data for [Girls Bravo]
[TEST] Rename [C:\Users\Plex\Downloads\Complete\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-
KILLERS\lost.girl.s05e13.720p.hdtv.x264-killers\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-
KILLERS\Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv] to [C:\Users\Plex\Documents
\Tv\Lost Girl\Season 4\Lost Girl - S04E13 - Dark Horse.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Done Òâ¥(´╝áÔîÆÒâ╝ÔîÆ´╝á)ÒâÄ
I even tried adding the series name into the mix using the --q feature while maintaining the age filter as well as completely removing the age filter as shown above, for some reason, no matter what I do, the search will not provide the latest episode of lost girl which was aired on the 4th October 2015.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? is anyone else having this sort of issue?

Also to note, s14e02 of family guy downloaded and was renamed properly, but it was strange that episode 1 was renamed in such a weird way.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Whats wrong with filebot / tvdb?

Post by rednoah »

I recommend using the {age} binding for "age in days". It's easier to read and it'll error out if age is negative (episode hasn't aired yet).

Your filter allows future episodes. The correct match didn't exist yet at the time of processing, so the filter shouldn't allow any episode data to pass through. But in this case it did pass through a special that airs next month, having only 1 option to choose from, that's what filebot chose.

This is what I get:

Apply Filter: {age < 4}
Include [Lost Girl - 5x13 - Family Portrait]
[DUPLICATE] Rename […/Lost.Girl.S05E13.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv] to […/TV Shows/Lost Girl/Season 05/Lost Girl - S05E13 - Family Portrait.mkv]
Processed 1 files
The data on TheTVDB is constantly updated, so behaviour changes once certain things are added. Getting a match (e.g. 4x13) that is off by a season probably means that the correct match (e.g. 5x13) didn't exist at the time.

Note that TheTVDB data is cached by FileBot for a minimum of 48 hours.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
skullzy
Power User

Post by skullzy »

This is the first issue I've had with Lost Girl using filebot which was strange, it downloaded and used filebot to organize within 6-8 hours after it was aired, when I looked on tvdb it displayed that episode and airdate correctly, so I'd have to assume the issue must have been within those 48 cached hours you spoke off.

1. I take it this is a new feature, my current script using (now.time < 13200000) was based on your suggestion from a couple of months back.

2. Thanks, I did try to process without using filter and even tried to use --q but when I attempted to use that it kept telling me it couldn't find said episode data.. so it must have been an issue with TVDB.

I'm now using "age < 4", appears to work normal but won't really know for certain until some episodes auto download in the next few hours, thank again for your help.
skullzy
Power User

Post by skullzy »

Just to add, for some reason TVDB api is offline :/ so yeah.. looks like the issues I've been having for the past few days are all tvdb related.. only now have I realised how heavily we rely on tvdb.