How to access extra Mediainfo data?

Support for Windows users
WasabiNME

How to access extra Mediainfo data?

Post by WasabiNME »

I have some TV show Blurays with alternate versions (for example, Bones & 24 have extended versions for some episodes) so when ripping them to MKV I add the extra scenes at the end of the regular file to save space and use Matroska ordered chapters to choose which version to watch. My original filenames have "2in1" at the end, but if I want them renamed properly then that means I have to hope I named them right to begin with :shock:

I also have some movies with alternate versions where they weren't named right so now I don't know which are which without manually checking.

Ideally I'd like Filebot to rename them with the "2in1" from Mediainfo. The MKVs with ordered chapters have this at the end of the Mediainfo XML output:

Code: Select all

<track type="Menu" streamid="1">
</track>

<track type="Menu" streamid="2">
</track>
"Normal" MKVs obviously don't have the extra menu. Is there a way to check for this in Filebot?
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to access extra Mediainfo data?

Post by rednoah »

The easiest way is probably to match 2in1 form the filename. You could try to check the {media} binding and see if the info is there. I don't think the currently release provides bindings for MediaInfo menu/image/chapters streams.

r3398 adds bindings {menu} {image} {menus} {images} {chapters}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
WasabiNME

Re: How to access extra Mediainfo data?

Post by WasabiNME »

{menus.streamcount} does the trick. Thanks! :mrgreen: