setting auto extraction after qBitTorrent download completes on TWO different drives.

Support for Windows users
ninjaoptimus

setting auto extraction after qBitTorrent download completes on TWO different drives.

Post by ninjaoptimus »

Hey there,

I've been using the below code which works great but now I have another drive "V:/Media" where I want to setup auto extraction as well when the torrent completes.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "W:/Media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
How would I go about adding this additional drive in above script?

Thanks a lot in advance.
garyleecn
Donor

Re: setting auto extraction after qBitTorrent download completes on TWO different drives.

Post by garyleecn »

Just add extract=y under --def?
rednoah
The Source

Re: setting auto extraction after qBitTorrent download completes on TWO different drives.

Post by rednoah »

The amc script will extract archives by default.

The --def skipExtract=y allows you to turn off auto-extraction.

Your OP is very vague and ambiguous. Extraction of compressed archives? To different drives? Are you saying that you want to mirror your W drive to your new V drive?

You cannot have multiple output folders. You can use other tools like rsync or robocopy to sync files from one folder to another though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ninjaoptimus

Post by ninjaoptimus »

thanks for the replies guys and apologies for being unclear.

The script I pasted above in OP works fine for extracting completed torrents in and to W:/Media.

I wish to now add this option for any new completed torrents in V:/Media as well. So any new torrent that is added in either W:/Media or V:/Media is extracted to their respective drives.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

utorrent will pass the input files to filebot regardless of where you download them, but FileBot will copy them into you --output folder. If you want different destination paths (e.g. drives) for different files, then you must pass in your own formats.

You will find a simple example for this exact use case here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2#p51
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please share and explain your solution so that others can learn from you.
ninjaoptimus

Post by ninjaoptimus »

I wasn't able to get this to work actually @rednoah.

I have a tv shows and a movies folder but the below script fails for it.

V:\Shows\
V:\Movies\
in Qbit Torrent -> options -> downloads area I have this script which doesn't do anyting :|

filebot -script fn:amc --output "V:\Movies" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L";filebot -script fn:amc --output "V:\Shows" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are there any logs? Most likely, your command is broken and FileBot is never called. I'd try a simple cmd script and call that just to make sure your script are actually called.

:?: Calling FileBot twice like this doesn't make any sense to me and qBT probably doesn't support that anyway. What are you trying to achieve?

:!: If you're trying to separate movies and tv shows into separate folders, then this is NOT what you're doing. Your command will merely process files twice into both folders. So you'll end up with the same movies and tv shows in both output folders.
ninjaoptimus

Post by ninjaoptimus »

Hey @rednoah,

My goal is to have the downloads in V:\Movies extract to V:\Movies

e.g. V:\Movies\SomeMovieA\movie.rar to V:\Movies\SomeMovieA\Movie.mp4

and similarly

V:\Shows\SomeShowX\show.rar to V:\Shows\SomeShowX\show.mp4

Can you please tell me what command I need to try?

I know the commands itself are executed from qBittorrent as this used to work for me in another directory where I had a different file structure. Filebot used to unrar files upon torrent completion back then.

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Isn't that default behaviour? What have you tried? What does the log say?