A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

Support for Windows users
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

Dunno what is going on, but I decided to do a complete re-install of windows recently for the creators update (since it's been officially released to the public since yesterday for the people who want to get it a bit earlier than the 11th and I've been needing to a clean install for the past couple months now)

I'm in the midst of installing all my programs and everything right now, but anyways I installed filebot from the windows 10 store earlier today and it was working just fine everything seemed to be going good, but for some reason it has since stopped all of a sudden. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing filebot from the windows store, I've tried the portable version, I've tried installing the latest version of java *since I kinda need it for a game I'm playing anyways and nothing seems to be fixing it..

This is the error I am getting

Code: Select all

#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ff88dbafd0c, pid=11136, tid=0x0000000000003bc4
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_121-b13) (build 1.8.0_121-b13)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.121-b13 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [d3d9.dll+0xfd0c]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\JourneyOver\hs_err_pid11136.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
and the log it created
[I put it on pastebin since it's kinda long] https://pastebin.com/DNbCxgkX

I'm not trying anything amazing to try and get filebot to open up, I'm just trying to open it through either cmd or normally.. The above stuff is what I get when I try to open filebot through cmd, if I try to open filebot normally (just going to the start menu and searching for filebot and clicking it) if I watch the task manager java opens for 2 seconds and then seems to crash (doesn't open up filebot at all in those 2 seconds) and doesn't create a hs_err_pid#.log it seems.

filebot -script fn:sysinfo seems to work just fine and everything seems to be in check when looking at it..

FileBot 4.7.9 (r4984)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.93
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-04-03 (r494)
Groovy: 2.4.10
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_121
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 6 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 39 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX
Data: C:\Users\JourneyOver\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Done ?(?????)?
So like I said in the beginning of this post I'm at a complete loss on what is happening :/ is filebot just not supported for the latest version of windows 10 now that it's Creators Update or something??

Edit: After fiddling with things for a bit and even doing another complete clean install of windows 10 I finally figured out the problem and have fixed it so help is not needed anymore. For some reason RivaTunerStatistics was messing with java big time in the latest version which was causing issues, once I excluded java and javaw from RTS I was able to load filebot just fine.. (kind of wish I tried this before doing a second clean install >.>)
rednoah
The Source

Re: A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

Post by rednoah »

There's lots of Direct3D related keywords in those logs. My first idea would have been to turn off graphics acceleration for Java programs. See FAQ for details.

setx J2D_D3D false
I've never heard of RTSS Rivatuner Statistics but it seems to mess with the Direct3D pipeline to collect statistics, and that's pretty much where the JVM logs say it crashes.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

rednoah wrote:There's lots of Direct3D related keywords in those logs. My first idea would have been to turn off graphics acceleration for Java programs. See FAQ for details.

setx J2D_D3D false
I've never heard of RTSS Rivatuner Statistics but it seems to mess with the Direct3D pipeline to collect statistics, and that's pretty much where the JVM logs say it crashes.
It's mainly used for gaming to go with MSI Afterburner and such to provide an on-screen display of things like FPS, power, GPU temp/usage, clock speeds and various other things.

but this is a non-issue anyways now as I have since fixed this issue, and will be reporting it to the devs asap.
maffle

Post by maffle »

I had the same issue on my desktop with Windows 10 creators update, took me a while to identify whats causing it. It's Java JRE 64bit.

Workaround: Deinstall the 64bit JRE, install the 32bit version of latest JRE, and your Java app will work fine.

I don't know where to report this to for fix, MS or SUN, both mostly will ignore bug reports anyway...