Filebot not transferring files to my NAS drive

Support for Windows users
amcfarla

Filebot not transferring files to my NAS drive

Post by amcfarla »

I just recently reimaged my Windows 10 machine and installed the Windows store version of Filebot. I am having all sorts of issues and today's issue for some reason it is telling me the share isn't a drive with directories, which it is:

Code: Select all

Bad ut_kind value: %K
Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: U:\
Failure (°_°)
This is the command I am using in uTorrent:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "U:/" --log-file C:/Logs/amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" --def xbmc=192.168.1.50
This worked fine before reimaging my machine and going to my U drive I can see all my directories so I am not sure why Filebot cannot use this directory like it did in the past. Also with this new Windows 10 store version, I have no idea where any of the files are kept to do any troubleshooting and try to determine what is wrong. I am completely stumped at the moment on why this no longer works. Thank you for any assistance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not transferring files to my NAS drive

Post by rednoah »

To FileBot, it looks like U:\ does not exist:

Maybe that's due to permission issues, or other issues.

Also, using a drive as root is never a good idea, so I'd recommend this:

--output U:/Media

This might help:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4881
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
amcfarla

Post by amcfarla »

Well I think I fixed the issue, since it seems to be working after changing it. Under 'Change Advanced Sharing settings' in Network and Sharing Center under 'All Networks' the Public folder sharing was set to 'Turn off Public Folder sharing', and I set it to 'Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...'. After rebooting it seems to have fixed my network shares and my filebot issue.

I swapped out a router and after doing that, my Synology NAS shares were prompting for a password, and filebot stopped working at the same time. I hope this resolves the issue.
amcfarla

Post by amcfarla »

Well I thought my issues were solved, but I bet 1 out of 5 files may transfer to my NAS. I have no idea why I am having so many problems with the Windows 10 store app. I never had issues before with the non Windows 10 app store version but upgrading I was forced to purchase and I am not even sure what direction to go to resolve my issues. Majority of the latest ones always tell me "Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: U:\
Failure (°_°)" and this was never a problem in the past. I can access my U drive without a problem so I am not sure why this app cannot. I am using the same amc command I did in the first post but somewhere there seems to be an issue being it only works like 20% transferring my files. I am just ultra frustrated at this point and not sure what to do to solve this issue.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What is the command you're executing? What does the log say?

Failure (°_°)
Only this? Sounds like your network shares are screwed up, probably in terms of permissions. Because when FileBot asks Windows "Does Drive U exist?" the answer seems to be "No".

You also seem to have ignored my recommendation of using --output U:/Media which may or may not help resolve the issue. Have you tried it though?

Does the log mention permission issues, or strange file access issues? If yes, read this:

Have you tried any of this yet? For example, using UNC paths instead of mapped network drives? Have you tried creating a new share in Synology DSM and using that instead of existing ones that are known not to work?
amcfarla

Post by amcfarla »

I did try using the u:/media and was seeing problems doing that also, here is an example of one of those issues:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue May 30 16:40:29 MDT 2017]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_label = Broadcast.net web-dl
Parameter: ut_state = 8
Parameter: ut_title = iZombie.S03E08.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.*************.mkv
Parameter: ut_kind = %K
Parameter: ut_file = iZombie.S03E08.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.**************.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = O:\Torrents\**********.net web-dl
Parameter: xbmc = 192.168.1.50
IOException: An unexpected network error occurred
Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: null
Failure (°_°)
I am just wondering how do you use a unc path in the amc command, what syntax does it need to be, the unc path to my NAS is '\\diskstation\videos'?

I did discover something after copying files from my NAS and back and forth troubleshooting the issue. I am using a tool called Stablebit Drivepool to pool five drives together for one volume (my O Drive). Well one of the drives was an external USB 3.0 drive that for some reason Windows just cannot see the drive after powering the computer off and powering back on until I plug it into a USB 2.0 port. About a day later the drive can be plugged back into a USB 3.0 port and then it will be recognized by the OS. I think I had this happen and discovered today the drive was still on a USB 2.0 port , and I guess the latency of the network drive and a USB 2.0 drive was causing an issue to make the application think the network share was no longer available. I made some changes and I am not using the external drive as a storage drive for torrent files that I am trying to transfer to my NAS. We will see if this resolves the issue, I sure hope so because this has been a major pain in the a$$ trying to figure out.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is definitely a lower-level Windows error, unfortunately not very useful:

An unexpected network error occurred
If the drive randomly appears and disappears on the server, then it's not surprisingly that the client has no idea why something isn't working, because the SMB protocol probably just sends back generic error codes.

Based on my experience, UNC paths tend to work better, but not always. I'd use a static IP, just to further avoid network issues:

--output \\10.0.0.1\share\Media

I haven't heard of Stablebit Drivepool. Sounds like it's the same as Windows Storage Spaces. I'd try creating a simple share backed by a simple folder on a single drive just to make sure it can't fail on lower-level file system operations.
amcfarla

Post by amcfarla »

I am using a network share instead of a drive letter, and still sometimes files transfer, sometimes they don't. Two examples today:

A working file transfer:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jun 08 05:14:09 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_label = Late Night shows
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Torrents\Late Night shows
Parameter: kodi = *****
Parameter: plex = *****
Input: D:\Torrents\Late Night shows\Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv
Group: [tvs:full frontal with samantha bee] => [Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv]
Get [English] subtitles for 1 files
CmdlineException: OpenSubtitles: Please enter your login details by calling `filebot -script fn:configure`
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Full Frontal with Samantha Bee]
Fetching episode data for [Full Frontal with Samantha Bee]
[COPY] From [D:\Torrents\Late Night shows\Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv] to [\\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\Season 02\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - S02E10 - June 7th, 2017.mkv]
Processed 1 files
Fetching series artwork for [Full Frontal with Samantha Bee / Season 2] to [\\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\Season 02]
Generate Series NFO: Full Frontal with Samantha Bee [303438]
Banner already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\poster.jpg
Banner already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\banner.jpg
Banner already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\fanart.jpg
Banner not found: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\Season 02\poster.jpg / season:season
Banner not found: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\Season 02\banner.jpg / seasonwide:seasonwide
Fanart already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\clearart.png
Fanart already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\logo.png
Fanart already exists: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\landscape.jpg
Fanart not found: \\192.168.1.75\video\TV Shows\Full Frontal with Samantha Bee\Season 02\landscape.jpg / seasonthumb
Notify Kodi: [host:127.0.0.1]
GET: http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc?request=%7B%22jsonrpc%22%3A%222.0%22%2C%22method%22%3A%22GUI.ShowNotification%22%2C%22params%22%3A%7B%22title%22%3A%22FileBot+finished+processing+1+files%22%2C%22message%22%3A%22Full.Frontal.with.Samantha.Bee.S02E10.720p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-doosh.mkv%22%2C%22image%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fapp.filebot.net%2Ficon.png%22%7D%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D
GET: http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc?request=%7B%22jsonrpc%22%3A%222.0%22%2C%22method%22%3A%22VideoLibrary.Scan%22%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D
Notify Plex: [host:127.0.0.1, token:M9whLnUKfC8ne2he1JvU]
GET: http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/sections/all/refresh?X-Plex-Token=M9whLnUKfC8ne2he1JvU
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Then minutes later, a non-working one:

un script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jun 08 05:16:43 MDT 2017]
Parameter: ut_label = Late Night shows
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = stephen.colbert.2017.06.07.tilda.swinton.720p.web.h264-webster.mkv
Parameter: ut_file = stephen.colbert.2017.06.07.tilda.swinton.720p.web.h264-webster.mkv
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Torrents\Late Night shows
Parameter: kodi = *****
Parameter: plex = *****
Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: \\192.168.1.75\video
No idea what to make of why this app works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. This all started with using the Windows 10 store one, the download from the website version I never saw these issues.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Windows reports that \\192.168.1.75\video is not an existing folder so the script aborts with a failed sanity check. It's a Windows SMB issue. Not much FileBot can do about that.

Have you already had a look at the network issues thread?