Different movie renamer beside TMDB using cmd line?

Support for Windows users
vballrican
Donor

Different movie renamer beside TMDB using cmd line?

Post by vballrican »

Hello, are the any other movie renamers i can use besides TMDB when using a cmd line script? The issue i'm having is that it's not consistent. For example, It renamed The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and classified it as an Action genre. While is renamed The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and classified it as Adventure which i think it fits better. Same movie series but different genres! :( I have my movies separated by genres. And yes, i can rename manually but this happens with a lot of movies...

Thanks,

vballrican
rednoah
The Source

Re: Different movie renamer beside TMDB using cmd line?

Post by rednoah »

You could help make it consistent by editing the information on TheMovieDB. If it's just the order of {genres} then you could use {genres.toSorted().first()} to make sure the first genre is always the one you want.

If you're using the amc script, then TheMovieDB is hard-coded in the script. Using a different database is not recommended because it's untested and will most likely decrease auto-detection accuracy.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

Using the GUI, there's an option to use OMDb... that option is not available in the cmd scripts?

I use this to rename my movies:

Code: Select all

filebot -rename -r G:/Test --output "G:/Test Movies" --format "Movies - {genre}/{n} ({y}) - {[certification, genre]}/{n} ({y})" --db TheMovieDB --action move --def subtitles=en --def artwork=y
And it works for what i need but the inconsistency in genres makes it tedious to fix.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use --db OMDb when using the -rename command. I DO NOT recommend using anything other than TheMovieDB though.

--def subtitles=en --def artwork=y is an amc script option. It has no effect in your command-line call.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.