Problem with subtiltes

Support for Windows users
Connor

Problem with subtiltes

Post by Connor »

Hello,

Just bought this program and love it. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I could not find any relevant information in my searches.

I have two problems:

1) OpenSubtiltes is not available in my country (It's blocked) - Is it possible to use another service to download subtitles automatically or am I screwed?

2) When using the AMC script (Auto-detect movies, Episodes etc) it won't move subtitles that's already in the folder, I can't find any options to enable this. I bet there is a easy way I just have not found yet.

Here is the script I am currently calling when a torrent is finished:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "C:/Downloads(PP)" --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y artwork=y clean=y movieFormat="C:/Downloads(PP)/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})" "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"

I probably won't use this for TV-shows as I download most of them using Sonarr (This already moves and renames the relevant files) - But for movies I use a mix of Torrent and Usenet (Radarr). But I have it setup for TV shows as well just in case.

Third, not important question: Anything I can improve upon on this script call? Maybe it's not needed to have output and movieFormat?

Thanks in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem with subtiltes

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, OpenSubtitles is the only supported subtitle service. I recommend looking into VPN / Proxy services to get around local restrictions.

What are the filenames? The log will tell which files are processed and which aren't and why. Most likely cause is that the subtitle filename doesn't match the video filename. Best to check the log.

I'd remove your custom --def movieFormat because it'll do the same as the {plex} format (except worse, because your format doesn't take into account multi-part movies, subtitle language tags, etc).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Connor

Post by Connor »

Thanks.

1)
I fear you'd say that. Seems a bit overkill to use a VPN or Proxy on my internet connection just because opensubtitles won't load. I'll figure out a workaround if I ever need it - I've managed without subtitles for a few months now so guess i'll continue without.

2)
And you are correct, most subtitles are just named English as far as I can tell, any work around for this? Sometimes the subtitles comes in a "Subs" directory as well. But rarely do they match the file name of the movie/episode.

3)
Eventually I'll have to move Movies and Episodes into a different location (My NAS) - therefor I'll have to put both MovieFormat and the one for TV shows there (Because they are not in the same directory) so I guess I'll keep it for now.

My NAS is setup like this:

Media/
...div folder
...TV
...Movies
...some random folder
...some random folder

And the directories are not named TV or movies - So I guess I'll have to use the MovieFormat and SeriesFormat to find the right path for it. But I won't add this in now, as I am moving the system around a bit this Christmas.

Thanks for the help and the awesome respond time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, the amc script has only very limited support for "importing existing subtitles" at this point. If the subtitles aren't well-named and easy to associate with the corresponding video file, then they are unlikely to be processed correctly and will be ignored.

Your NAS setup corresponds to the default {plex} format. You do not need custom formats as far as I can tell.

e.g. with {plex} you will get a "TV Shows" and a "Movies" folder in your --output folder:

--output /path/to/Media
Connor

Post by Connor »

Maybe I'll create a custom python script for subtitles down the road. But thanks for the information.

Yes it does, but the folders are not named "TV Shows" and "Movies" - I use my native language for naming those directories, so it'll create a separate "Movies" and "TV shows" folders. Maybe I'll just change those directories to TV Shows and Movies and update my other clients to fit that. Only Sonarr and Emby is affected if I do so it's not too much work to update the libraries in those programs.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Quick question:

--output /path/to/Media
And not

--output "/path/to/Media"
- "....." not needed?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You indeed do not need to quote this particular argument value because it doesn't contain any spaces or special characters.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899
Connor

Post by Connor »

Great stuff - thanks for the help.