Send email if show can't be matched

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
pricejt

Send email if show can't be matched

Post by pricejt »

Not sure if this is possible or not. I have a show that is matching to the wrong show it then tries to find an episode but that episode doesn't match, so it puts the show in the exclude file. If it goes to the exclude file but didn't process the show is there any way to get an alert?

The file name is

Code: Select all

Instinct.US.S02E03.WEBRip.x264-ION10.mp4
it should have matched to a show called Instinct 2018 but instead it matches to instinct us. I get why it does that. the file was named poorly. When it tries to find that episode it fails then adds it to the exclude list. Because i use command line i didn't realize i wasn't getting this show anymore.

Thanks,
rednoah
The Source

Re: Send email if show can't be matched

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you using the amc script?

If you are using the amc script then you can use --def unsorted=y to move files that can't otherwise be processed into a separate folders. You can then regularly check this separate folder to see if there's any files that couldn't be processed.

You can also have your own script capture the output and send email depending on the exit code or key words in the console output. There's no built-in option for sending email based on custom conditions though.

If you don't mind a little bit of shell scripting, here's an example on how to send email via curl that you can use as a starting point:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/blob ... ail-log.sh
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pricejt

Re: Send email if show can't be matched

Post by pricejt »

Thanks a lot. this should get me going.