Issue getting Filebot to run on gentoo headless server via docker

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
elgallo

Issue getting Filebot to run on gentoo headless server via docker

Post by elgallo »

background

With the help of a friend, I have installed Gentoo on my server. However, a lot of
applications I am used to running have some complications in getting them going. The Final
piece of the puzzle is Filebot

The Meat

There is an ebuild of filebot that is a few versions old and does not require a license,
however when trying run I get a list off errors. I asked my friend to try on his server via shell $ filebot --action test Downloads/Jumanji.The.Next.Level.2019.NEW.HDCAM.x264.AC3-ETRG/Jumanji.The.Next.Level.2019.NEW.HDCAM.x264.AC3-ETRG.mkv
--format {plex} --action hardlink Downloads/
and all that happened was filebot GUI opened. Which is normal if you only execute $ filebot.

Running filebot via docker doesn't go as expected you only execute $ filebot to be able to process any files one needs a license. $ docker run -it -v /zata:/zata -v data:/data -w /zata rednoah/filebot --license FileBot_License_PX6732786.psm the output can be seen here which shows that it was a success and should be persistent because it is written to /data per filebot docker hub notes. Therefore, the following call should complete correctly. However, there seems to be some miscommunitcation between docker and filebot. where --format {plex} should rename files into directories per plex naming standards. What ends up happening is the first file gets renamed to plex.mkv and the call exits when the second show tries to name itself plex.mkv as seen here.

The Potatoes

I could use help figuring out how to get docker and filebot to not rename everything to plex.mkv or help installing Filebot onto a Gentoo server.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Issue getting Filebot to run on gentoo headless server via docker

Post by rednoah »

:!: You're calling filebot with lots of options, but without a command (-rename, -mediainfo, etc) which means the GUI is launched by default (on headless systems, it'll just print version information and then exit).

:!: {plex} is the format you want to pass into FileBot, but depending on your shell, you need to be careful about your shell interpreting characters like $! or {...} beforehand. Presumably, you're effectively passing plex as format literal, rather than {plex}, accidentally for some reason.

The official docker container is probably the way to go if docker is an option on your device:
https://hub.docker.com/r/rednoah/filebot/

For automated setups, you'll want to use the amc script as that implicitly takes care of mostly everything that typical users might need or want.

If you choose to use simple filebot -rename commands, then you can do that too of course:
https://www.filebot.net/cli.html

e.g.

Code: Select all

filebot -rename *.mp4
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.