Want to make sure my Filebot is setup correctly

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
aaseef021

Want to make sure my Filebot is setup correctly

Post by aaseef021 »

I have created this tread from my previous license ban issue. Hoping we can figure out what maybe causing this.

My original issue is here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9594&p=47596#p47596

Filebot version 4.8.5

I have tried the following and still yet I get email about license error banned. I confirmed everything is running fine that Filebot execute the command as request

I have one script that extracts and one that moves, renames to the correct directory.

My crontab is as followed

@reboot /data/Documents/extract_filebot.sh
@reboot /data/Documents/filebot_script.sh
*/5 * * * * /data/Documents/extract_filebot.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
*/17 * * * * /data/Documents/filebot_script.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

found my Filebot logs at this location, but my logs have no errors, I also tried running filebot --log-file log.txt but nothing returns. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

/filebot-portable/data/root/logs# ls
amc.log filebot.log filebot.txt log.txt
rednoah
The Source

Re: Want to make sure my Filebot is setup correctly

Post by rednoah »

The first step would be to manually install the latest beta, since that one might include additional logging to help you figure it out:
viewtopic.php?t=1609

:idea: You may also delete all the existing logs, to make sure that all the logs we subsequently talk about, are all definitely generated by the same revision of FileBot.

The next step is to collect logs. You're currently throwing away logs. This could be the reason why we don't see any errors. :roll:

Code: Select all

... >/dev/null 2>&1
:idea: Please read Shell Script Debugging for Beginners.

:idea: We want to redirect all output, because FileBot logging is limited to FileBot, while standard output / standard error may include additional error messages from the platform itself (e.g. OS running out of disk space, JVM crashing, console output from 3rd party tools and libraries, etc).

Part of collecting logs, is figuring out the context in which the script is running. printenv will give use $HOME and and $USER which we want to know, since it may very well be different from your normal user, and thus give different results. filebot -script fn:sysinfo will tell us where the application data folder is.

You may share the contents of your *.sh files and *.log files via PasteBin or GitHub Gists. Make sure that these are logs generated by your cron calls, and not calls that you yourself made as your users from your normal user environment.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.