License paths and settings

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
devster

License paths and settings

Post by devster »

I started seeing in the logs

Code: Select all

2020-01-20T01:14:09.193567944Z Activate License P...
but I presume this is happening a lot more often than it should.
I currently have the license.txt file in /filebot/license.txt; these are some relevant env variables:

Code: Select all

XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/config
XDG_DATA_HOME=/config
HOME=/config
FILEBOT_OPTS=-Dapplication.deployment=docker -Dapplication.cache=/filebot/cache -Dapplication.dir=/filebot -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/filebot -Dnet.filebot.archive.extractor=ShellExecutables -Dnet.filebot.license=/filebot/license.txt -Dnet.filebot.util.prefs.file=/filebot/prefs.properties -Duser.home=/filebot
Which paths does FileBot check for license activation?
What am I missing here?
Thanks.
I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey. (Batman)
rednoah
The Source

Re: License paths and settings

Post by rednoah »

Activate License log entries should occur once or twice per month, but not every single time filebot is called.

application.dir and application.cache must be persistent. Then it'll work correctly:
viewtopic.php?t=9594
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
devster

Post by devster »

The /filebot directory is already persistent (mounted on the host system).
I specified in FILEBOT_OPTS which contains -Dapplication.cache=/filebot/cache -Dapplication.dir=/filebot.
I'm seeing the log entry every two or three calls, which, as you confirmed, is much higher than expected.
Any suggestions to debug?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Perhaps try playing with the reference docker container and see if you can find any obvious differences in the behaviour & logs produced, and then narrow down from there:
https://hub.docker.com/r/rednoah/filebot/

:!: docker filesystem abstraction might introduce filesystem strangeness, perhaps file locks not working across containers, IDK. I'd ensure that only one filebot instance is running at a time, so they don't end up corrupting each others application files. There should be obvious warnings on the console though, if application state was inconsistent.
devster

Post by devster »

There's only one FileBot instance running, I can check that on the process manager.
That single instance is consuming over 30 GB of memory though, and I tried it with the reference container.
The system has 64 GB of memory but it still seems an impressive amount.
I ended up editing the configuration to force the same home for both applications (running both client and FileBot in the same container as I still don't have a solid way for post-processing script to call FileBot in another container) and forcing the use of system libraries.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot using 30 GB of memory? That's crazy. No idea what's going on on, but that seems off.