FileBot in Docker "freezing"

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
rmp5s

FileBot in Docker "freezing"

Post by rmp5s »

Good afternoon:

I'm running FileBot in a Docker container on unRAID and recently, it started "freezing". I select the folder/file, hit match, the little circle thing on the right spins, the window pops up for me to select the correct series name, all that works great.

Then it freezes:

The little wheel on the right stops spinning and it just sits there forever.

Anyone else had this happen? Where can I go to see logs to see if it's throwing an error? I hit F7 like it said in the sticky post but the output was useless. Here's the log in unRAID:

EDIT: Here are some log dumps I managed to get:

Everything looks fine in there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
rmp5s

Re: FileBot in Docker "freezing"

Post by rmp5s »

Apparently the images aren't wanting to load...so...yea...here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/RCxLCMA
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Strange indeed. Unfortunately, I've never seen this kind of issues before. No idea. Presumably, you're using a 3rd party docker container, so perhaps the author / community might have some experience with this particular issue.

EDIT:

:idea: The JDK 8 build is highly discouraged and only exists for older hardware that cannot upgrade to JDK 11 or higher. Notably, the JDK 8 build will be discontinued sometime this year, perhaps not the CLI but definitely the GUI.

:idea: The 0 Core value is strange. This should always be 1 or higher. Since it can't be 0 on a normal machine, it being 0 is untested and could potentially break things in unexpected ways.

:!: Please post the log as text (not as screenshots) so that others can find it via Google search, so that we can maybe confirm if this issue affects a multitude of people, or not. (EDIT: not sure how to extract text files from your 3rd party docker container though; presumably, copy & paste doesn't work via VNC session; I guess you'd have to log-in via SSH and cat the log file; the author of your docker might have prepared a better way)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rmp5s

Post by rmp5s »

rednoah wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 02:04 Strange indeed. Unfortunately, I've never seen this kind of issues before. No idea. Presumably, you're using a 3rd party docker container, so perhaps the author / community might have some experience with this particular issue.
Yea, the container is by "jlesage". You can find it here: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/filebot/
rednoah wrote: :idea: The JDK 8 build is highly discouraged and only exists for older hardware that cannot upgrade to JDK 11 or higher. Notably, the JDK 8 build will be discontinued sometime this year, perhaps not the CLI but definitely the GUI.
Unfortunately, this is the only container that's available in unRAID's "Community Applications" that I know of. If there's someone out there with a newer/better container, I'd happily run it.
rednoah wrote: :idea: The 0 Core value is strange. This should always be 1 or higher. Since it can't be 0 on a normal machine, it being 0 is untested and could potentially break things in unexpected ways.
Yea, I noticed that too. It's weird but nothing I know of has changed since it worked before.
rednoah wrote: :!: Please post the log as text (not as screenshots) so that others can find it via Google search, so that we can maybe confirm if this issue affects a multitude of people, or not. (EDIT: not sure how to extract text files from your 3rd party docker container though; presumably, copy & paste doesn't work via VNC session; I guess you'd have to log-in via SSH and cat the log file; the author of your docker might have prepared a better way)
Here you go!

Code: Select all

# /config/logs/error.log
Jun 17, 2021 9:40:52 AM net.filebot.Logging trace
WARNING: Index: 39, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 39, Size: 0
	at ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList.get(BasicEventList.java:226)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.MatchModel$MatchView.getComplement(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.MatchModel$MatchView.clear(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.FilesListTransferablePolicy.clear(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.FilesListTransferablePolicy.handleTransferable(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.transfer.LoadAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

Jun 19, 2021 12:55:40 PM net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction lambda$actionPerformed$1
SEVERE: MOVE: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameModel$FormattedFutureEventList.get(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameModel.getRenameMap(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.lambda$actionPerformed$1(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI.withWaitCursor(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.ui.rename.RenameAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.9.3 (r8340) JDK8
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 21.03
Tools: fpcalc/1.4.3 p7zip/16.02 unrar/5.61
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2021-06-15 (r755)
Groovy: 3.0.7
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.8.0_275
JFX: OpenJFX 8.0.151 (Wed Feb 07 22:31:44 GMT 2018)
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 0 Core / 16 GB Max Memory / 155 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux XXXXXXXXXX 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
CPU/MEM: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz [MemTotal: 67 GB | MemFree: 8 GB | MemAvailable: 42 GB]
STORAGE: btrfs [/] @ 14 GB | fuse.shfs [/config] @ 18 TB | fuse.shfs [/storage] @ 18 TB | fuse.shfs [/watch] @ 18 TB | fuse.shfs [/output] @ 18 TB
USER: app
DATA: /config
Package: DOCKER
License: FileBot License XXXXXXXXXX (Valid-Until: 2021-12-27)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you try restarting FileBot yet?

:idea: What you're doing effectively amounts to running the FileBot desktop application without ever closing for weeks or months. Ideally, it should work, but it's also completely untested, so you might run into strange issues.

:idea: However, if you can reliably reproduce the problem, the screenshots or screencasts would be interesting, to see if I can reproduce the same issue on a normal machine.
rmp5s

Post by rmp5s »

rednoah wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 03:29 :idea: What you're doing effectively amounts to running the FileBot desktop application without ever closing for weeks or months. Ideally, it should work, but it's also completely untested, so you might run into strange issues.
I keep all Docker containers that do not need to be running 24/7, like FileBot, shut down. I only start the FileBot container when I am about to use it.

I have FileBot installed on my desktop and use it to do through a mapped share what I would be doing directly with the Docker container and it works perfectly. I also only start it when I need to use it.
TheRealJohnAdams

Post by TheRealJohnAdams »

I have been using the same Docker image and have been having either this problem or a related one. Like you, I have not had this problem when using Filebot Desktop on the same files. Did you ever find a solution or a Docker image that works better?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Which docker container are you using?
viewtopic.php?t=12965

:?: Are you getting random freezes with the official filebot-xpra container as well?
https://www.filebot.net/linux/docker.html