Keep Colon in filename

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
Blueboy1962

Keep Colon in filename

Post by Blueboy1962 »

Hi. I want to keep the colon in the filename instead of it being replaced with a dash in keeping with the TMDB filename. I am a bit of a novice and have trawled the forums and I have limited coding knowledge. I am running Qbittorrent on a remote linux server and using the script

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/home3/Renamed" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_dir=%F"
What I would like is for the original file to be deleted once it has been renamed and the filename to stay as, for example, Star Trek: Discovery not Star Trek - Discovery

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Keep Colon in filename

Post by rednoah »

The amc script uses the {plex} format by default, which generates Windows-compatible file paths.

If you're on Linux, then you can do this:
1. Use a custom format that preserves the : colon when generating the destination path, e.g. {plex.unix}
2. Set -unixfs to make filebot not force Windows-compatible file paths

:!: If you're using Windows or macOS, then you can't use : colon in file paths.

:!: If you access files that are stored on a Linux machine from a Windows or macOS machine, then you don't want to use : colon in file paths.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Blueboy1962

Post by Blueboy1962 »

Qbittorrent and Filebot are installed on a remote linux server so I don't need Windows-compatible file paths. So I need a rethink about using script fn:amc command?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You will need to add the following arguments to your amc script call:

--def seriesFormat="{plex.unix}"

-unixfs
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.