[Flatpack] Issue Renaming on Fedora 37

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
enstrjer

[Flatpack] Issue Renaming on Fedora 37

Post by enstrjer »

Hello,

I've recently made the switch from Windows to Linux and am having an issue with Filebot 4.9.6.

Using a very simple rename filter {n} - {s00e00} and every time filebot is prepending the file with .xdp- and appending -<6 random letters>

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Issue Renaming on Fedora 37

Post by rednoah »

enstrjer wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 17:23 .xdp- and appending -<6 random letters>
FileBot is definitely not doing that. But something else might.

:?: What exactly are you doing? How did you install FileBot? Renaming local files? Renaming files on a remote network share? Screenshots? Please read How to Request Help.

:idea: XDP in the context of intercepted file system calls suggests that you're using Flatpack (you did not specify; not officially supported; maintained by the community) with sandboxing enabled (i.e. no file system access, except via the XDP interface) so you might be able make things work by disabling sandboxing.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
enstrjer

Post by enstrjer »

Hi!

I installed via the Software store in Fedora, but looking at it closer it does appear to be Flatpack. I have purchased a license, I will have to look at installing a more supportable version.

Interestingly, I tried on a different disk (both are EXT4, permissions to both are the same) and it renames properly there. These are both local disks.

I went ahead and added the FB repo, and installed from there. After activating my license all is working as expected.

Thank you for the help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please report the issue to the maintainers of the Flathub repository:
https://github.com/flathub/net.filebot.FileBot

Flatpack uses a sandboxing system that limits file system access in a fine-grained application-specific way. It's completely unrelated to Linux permissions. The Flatpack sandbox may be configured to allow access to some folders (e.g. common user folders, common mount points, etc) but not others (e.g. system folders, unusual mount points, etc) and thus behave different depending on the file path at hand:
https://askubuntu.com/a/1247345

Sharing screenshots of the issue would be most helpful to the next guy who might stumble upon this thread and might wonder if this is the same issue.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.