Running filebot on seedbox, permissions issue.

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
MadMan

Running filebot on seedbox, permissions issue.

Post by MadMan »

Hello all, running filebot on my seedbox that is using ubuntu linux. I can get all the renaming of my movie files to work perfectly, however my problem is that if I choose to delete the videos after the renaming has occured I can no longer do this. If I try deleting the files using filezilla for instance it says permission is denied. Also in the rutorrent file manager, it will also not let me delete any file that filebot has renamed. The way that I am using filebot is that I am using putty to login in as root and then basically pasting in this code
exactly like this.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/user/downloads/Sync/" -rename -non-strict "/home/user/downloads/Sync/Movies/" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt clean=y unsorted=y

Any help at all with this issue would be great!

edit- The answer got given to me over on reddit, just wanted to post the answer here incase somebody else every wondered the answer.

I had been running filebot as root. and was told this, you should run filebot with the non-root user name and password provided by the seedbox provider, perhaps the same as you use to log into rutorrent. Only use root to install or update software, or in this single case, to delete the files already created by filebot. You might also want to look into securing your seedbox: disabling root login via SSH with a password, creating another admin user with sudo rights etc
nytram

Re: Running filebot on seedbox, permissions issue.

Post by nytram »

Hi MadMan

You could also create a /usr/bin/myfilebot.sh file which would contain
/***pathtofilebot***/filebot -script fn:amc --output "/home/user/downloads/Sync/" -rename -non-strict "/home/user/downloads/Sync/Movies/" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt clean=y unsorted=y

change permissions chmod 755 myfilebot.sh

run myfilebot.sh either manually or via cron

Martyn