java: command not found

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
OrKarstoft

Post by OrKarstoft »

Hello community,

i've found this wonderful program to replace what I currently use. A mix between CouchPotato and SortTV.
I hoped that Filebot could replace them both and send me push messages via Pushover when something happens. As I explore the Filebot website I find out, that it's not impossible but after installing Filebot nothing happens.

Here's what I did;

I downloaded the .deb file as mentioned on the website.

Code: Select all

wget -O filebot.deb 'https://app.filebot.net/download.php?type=deb&arch=amd64'
Then I run the file.

sudo dpkg -i filebot.deb
To check if Filebot was correctly installed I used the command

filebot -version
which had no result. Running the same command as sudo did have a response though.

/usr/bin/filebot: line 19: java: command not found
I guess it's because it's not installed correctly but I have no idea how to do it correctly.

Just to finish the tour, here's the rest of the Filebot stuff I have on my server.
In the .rtorrent.rc file

system.method.set_key = event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={'/home/rtorrent/rtorrent-postprocess.sh',$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"
The rtorrent-postprocess.sh file

#!/bin/sh

# rtorrent.rc
# system.method.set_key=event.download.finished,filebot,"execute={rtorrent-postprocess.sh,$d.get_base_path=,$d.get_name=,$d.get_custom1=}"

# Input Parameters
ARG_PATH="$1"
ARG_NAME="$2"
ARG_LABEL="$3"

# Configuration
CONFIG_OUTPUT="/home/rtorrent/"

filebot -script fn:amc --output "$CONFIG_OUTPUT" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def seriesFormat="/home/rtorrent/media/TV-Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{n.upperInitial()} - {s00e00} - {t}.{cf}" moviesFormat="/home/rtorrent/media/Movies/{n.upperInitial()}.{y}/{n.upperInitial()}.{cf}" unsorted=y music=n artwork=n excludeList=".excludes" pushover=**:** ut_dir="$ARG_PATH" ut_kind="multi" ut_title="$ARG_NAME" ut_label="$ARG_LABEL" &
I hope you can help me.

Best regards
OrKarstoft
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not responding

Post by rednoah »

FileBot requires Java, so you will need to install Java.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
OrKarstoft

Re: Filebot not responding

Post by OrKarstoft »

rednoah wrote:

FileBot requires Java, so you will need to install Java.
rednoah, thank you very much for the response. I got it working, works like a charm. Thank you very much!