Seg fault in Docker

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
keschrich

Seg fault in Docker

Post by keschrich »

Hi all,

Lots of variables here, so I know its a long shot that anybody might be able to provide me with a "solution" here, but worth a shot.

I have a QNAP NAS in which I am running a Docker container that I built myself. The container is based on alpine:latest, into which I install openjdk8-jre-base and filebot_4.7.9-portable (yes I know, old version- see below).

I've got a simple script that gets triggered by inotifyd:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

SRCPATH="$1"

/opt/filebot/filebot.sh -script fn:amc \
  --output /library/Video/Kids/Movies \
  --log-file /opt/filebot/data/amc.log \
  --action move \
  "${SRCPATH}" \
  --def ut_label=movie \
  --def subtitles=en \
  --def movieFormat="{plex.tail}" \
  --def clean=y \
  --def exec="chmod 644 '{file}'"
When executed, the FileBot arguments and parameters are echo'd to the console, I see the readme, and then it seg faults. Nothing at all is output to the amc.log. There is a error.log that got placed into the same directory as amc.log, but that file is empty as well. So, as you can see I have very little debugging information to go on :(

As I said, this is an old version- the last version before the paid licenses were required. I'd be willing to go ahead and buy a license for a newer version if I knew that what I'm trying to do would work... Is there any chance the issue I'm seeing has been fixed since 4.7.9?

Thanks!
Ken
rednoah
The Source

Re: Seg fault in Docker

Post by rednoah »

Does the segfault come with any additional information? Have you tried removing all the *.so files and see if it still crashes? Because native code not compiled for alpine might crash due to compatibility issues. The official docker container is not based on Alpine, so Alpine is untested and thus unlikely to just work.

Just try the official 4.8.2 docker image though. You can evaluate it without a license.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
keschrich

Post by keschrich »

Hi rednoah,

No information along with the seg fault, but removing the *.so files seemed to do the trick. Am I losing anything without those files, or is it just a matter of performance?

If it's just performance, I'll probably just stick with my Alpine build to keep things consistent, otherwise I'll extend your offical image to fit.

I definitely appreciate your help given I'm not a subscribed user. I won't lie and say I'm going to subscribe right this second, but I'll definitely keep it in mind when I have some spare cash- maybe come tax return time!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you delete the *.so files, you will loose the corresponding functionality, which may or may not be acceptable for you. It'll mostly work, but this usage is unsupported and untested, so things might brake in non-obvious ways that I wouldn't know either.

e.g. if you delete libmediainfo.so then FileBot won't be able to read media information (e.g. video length, audio language, encoding date, etc)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.