@Midnight date rename issues

Support for macOS users
deluxe

@Midnight date rename issues

Post by deluxe »

Hi! I love filebot and have happily used it for about a year.
OSX 10.11, filebot 4.6 (3028)

In the past month or so I've been having trouble renaming @Midnight episodes. Most recently, the episodes for s2015e126-s2015e129 (October 5-8) are the issue. I've tried renaming the files, playing around with different naming structures (ie putting in the exact info that thetvdb lists, trying just the date, etc). Today I looked at the FAQ and saw that I could go to the episodes tab and drag the correct episodes over to the rename tab. So fine, I go and look at the episodes tool and see that the latest episode listed there is s2015e125. TheTVDB has the episodes listed through s2015e129. Is there a way for me to manually refresh theTVDB listings for @Midnight that my copy of filebot is using?

Here's what filebot tries to match my episodes as

Last edited by deluxe on 11 Oct 2015, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: @Midnight date rename issues

Post by rednoah »

FileBot cannot recognize a date pattern like "2015.October.05". It's using key information like "2015" and "05" to guess a match, which naturally won't work well if there's episodes every day every month.

Currently, you will have to pre-process the files, transform "2015.October.05" to "2015.10.05", before matching them to TheTVDB data.

FileBot can help you pre-processing files, but things get a lot more tricky at this point:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072

Generic File Format for transforming At.Midnight.2015.October.05 to At.Midnight.2015.October.05 file naming:

Code: Select all

At.Midnight.{Date.parse('yyyy.MMM.dd', fn.after('At.Midnight.')).format('yyyy.MM.dd')}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
deluxe

Post by deluxe »

Thank you for responding so quickly, very kind of you! I can preprocess my own files, especially when it is only one series (and four files total) that is having an issue. My files come in this naming format: 2015.10.07, ie year.month.date but filebot can't seem to recognize the most recent ones so I have preprocessed them in other ways in an effort to get them matched somehow. Attached is a screenshot showing what I get when I put those original Year#.Month#.Date# files in as you recommended. I'm using pretty basic file naming and that's been working well for me for about 36,000 files, but for some reason it seems like Filebot is not matching up with TheTVDB on these episodes s2015e126-s2015e129, they don't seem to exist (and I can't look them up with the Episodes tool either).

hard drive name here/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{s00e00} {t}
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

At.Midnight.2015.10.07 is working fine for me:

Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [@midnight, At Midnight]
Fetching episode data for [@midnight]
[MOVE] Rename [At.Midnight.2015.10.07.mkv] to [@midnight - 2015x128 - Ethan Embry, Brandon Johnson & Eli Roth.mkv]
Did you check the Episodes for @midnight in Episodes tab? FileBot can't get matches right if the correct episode data hasn't been added yet. For some shows, especially daily ones, the episode data might not be added until after the episode has aired.

In this case, it might help to clear the cache and then try again:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1996
deluxe

Post by deluxe »

Awesome, that worked like a charm! That's exactly what I was asking in my first post and now my issue is solved. Thank you very much for your help!!
deluxe wrote:the episodes tool and see that the latest episode listed there is s2015e125. TheTVDB has the episodes listed through s2015e129. Is there a way for me to manually refresh theTVDB listings for @Midnight that my copy of filebot is using?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Added support for additional date patterns for next release.
deluxe

Post by deluxe »

So this week's episodes had the same issue, fixed by clearing the cache. I don't mind clearing the cache each time I have new episodes of this but I wanted to ask if this was a normal thing? From the instructions on how to clear the cache it seems like it should be a pretty a rare thing.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Clearing cache is very bad for performance and causes unnecessary load on TheTVDB. Ideally, you don't ever have to do it.

Here's how caching works:

Any data FileBot downloads, is cached for 48 hours. So any problem that is magically solved by clearing the cache, will also magically be solved by trying again 2 days later. Consequently, if episode data is added 2 days in advance, then caching will never be an issue.

I suppose @midnight being a daily shows runs into this issue more often, but it happens for weekly shows as well, especially for less popular ones where episode data isn't added until after a given episode has aired.

Future releases will reduce caching to 24 hours, but this won't necessarily fix the issue of people not adding the data in advance.

You could adopt @midnight and make sure all episode data is entered well in advance:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 7298&lid=7

That would solve the issue for you and everyone else. But I'm not sure if these daily shows even publish their episode titles in advance...

If it was me, I'd just let things be during the week and process on the weekend, at which time all the data has surely been added. ;)