ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.lang.String

Support for macOS users
CptChaz

ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.lang.String

Post by CptChaz »

Unfortunately, i dont have an answer, but a different problem ending with the same result, I'm not able to fetch any media.

i've been using filebot since last year, on a machine that is designated solely to my media files, i.e. no changes have been made to this little mac mini that would have caused this.

i noticed it two nights ago. i renamed two new media files, pretty typical (just tv shows) and when i tried for the next one i get this error message:

"ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.lang.String to [B"

i checked the system log, and when i try to perform a media match that gives the error, the log shows:

"kernel[0]: Sandbox: FileBotAppLaunch(5281) deny file-read-data /Volumes/---"

i've tried different media files and types, different folder locations, nothing, all throwing the same error. tried restoring the app through time machine, nothing. tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nothing. A few google searches yielded no help so i'm here. I've used filebot for probably over a year now and loved it, this is my first problem. Not ready to write it off yet. Any help?
CptChaz

Re: Unable to get media info on MacOSX El Capitan

Post by CptChaz »

Wow, i actually found the fix for my problem, extremely easy.

Open up the app on the main screen, press "control +shift + delete". worked for me!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to get media info on MacOSX El Capitan

Post by rednoah »

This is completely unrelated to the OP... but ok...
CptChaz wrote:ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.lang.String to [B
This is caused by an error in FileBot where network issues at one time can lead to cache corruption in some cases. Clearing the cache will fix this.
CptChaz wrote:kernel[0]: Sandbox: FileBotAppLaunch(5281) deny file-read-data /Volumes/---
Probably just warning messages that you can ignore. I guess FileBot is probing /Volumes to see what parts of the filesystem it as access too.

EDIT: SPLIT INTO NEW TOPIC
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
CptChaz

Re: ClassCastException: Cannot cast java.lang.String

Post by CptChaz »

Thanks for the help Red. I had no intention of hijacking the OP, just knew that we were both unable to fetch media, albeit for different reasons, apparently.

Cheers!