Every rename "fetch" command comes back with "The Story of Scotdisc" and I have no idea what that is.

Support for macOS users
originalprime

Every rename "fetch" command comes back with "The Story of Scotdisc" and I have no idea what that is.

Post by originalprime »

Filebot has worked fine until now. Renamed hundreds of files.

Mac App Store version, says it's up-to-date. High Sierra, also up-to-date.

After one of the last updates, Filebot "finds" or "matches" something called "The Story of Scotdisc - S00E01 - The Story of Scotdisc" which is something I've never heard of.

Every fetch / match request comes back with this now. Everything. Beavis and Butthead. Transformers. Voltron. Looney Tunes. Babylon 5. West Wing.

Since this is the first and only filename Filebot finds, it does not return any other results. Like, none. If I ask it to rename 20 files, the first one will be "The Story of Scotdisc" and the remaining 19 files will be grayed-out with no new name to match.

Screenshot, with an attempt to rename an abbreviated list of Looney Tunes episodes:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNNI2u87THlmDJ9h0L1a-6iGcvF

edit: include version info.

edit 2: I have already attempted to uninstall the app (using AppCleaner, so as to catch all of the system files that might normally be left behind) to no avail. Didn't help anything.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Every rename "fetch" command comes back with "The Story of Scotdisc" and I have no idea what that is.

Post by rednoah »

What's the full file path of the file you're trying to rename?

You can press F7 to copy file paths / episode data into the clipboard so you can paste it here.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Massaguana

Re: Every rename "fetch" command comes back with "The Story of Scotdisc" and I have no idea what that is.

Post by Massaguana »

Here are maybe the same...

Every "Movie" there are an match called "Die Wolke (2006)"...

here are the complete path:

bevor match:
rclone/Plex Cloud Crypted/x264/Bruce Allmaechtig (2003).mkv null

after match:
rclone/Plex Cloud Crypted/x264/Bruce Allmaechtig (2003).mkv {"@type":"Movie","year":2003,"imdbId":315327,"tmdbId":310,"language":"de","id":310,"name":"Bruce Allmächtig","aliasNames":["Bruce Almighty"]}

with the wrong match
rclone/Plex Cloud Crypted/x264/Bruce Allmaechtig (2003).mkv {"@type":"Movie","year":2006,"imdbId":480083,"tmdbId":7456,"language":"de","id":7456,"name":"Die Wolke","aliasNames":[]}

same when i do this with local saved data...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks like the first match is the correct match, and so everything is working correctly. If you want to avoid selection, then you can press the repeat button on the lower right to auto-select the first result subsequently.

If there's odd options for all files you can't explain, then it's most likely due to the folder structure. Adding a folder like Downloads, Complete, Media, Plex, etc would make it clear to FileBot where the structure root is.
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

The Problem is when FileBot don´t find the correct math is uses this Strange "Die Wolke (2006)"... i can´t correct this match... Why FileBot don´t ask me?

EDIT: I can fix it when i change the filename to the English Movie Name..

German: Stirb Langsam 4.0 (2007) -> Match "Die Wolke (2006)
English: Live Free or Die Hard (2007) -> Match " Stirb Langsam (2007)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please post the full file path of some of these files.

Presumably, your "Plex Cloud Crypted" folder leads to bad matches (e.g. Cloud in English is Wolke in German). This problem could be solved by renaming the folder "Plex Cloud Crypted" to "Plex" which FileBot knows to interpret as the Plex root folder.