Filebot Rename suddenly not working

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Zettai

Filebot Rename suddenly not working

Post by Zettai »

Hi!

I have had issues for the last couple of days with a scheduled task I have for my Synology. Has something been updated?

For months I have been using this code:

Code: Select all

filebot -get-subtitles "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/"* -non-strict --def maxAgeDays=7 > /volume1/Multimedia/output.txt
filebot -rename "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/"* --format "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/{n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --db TheTVDB -non-strict --log-file renamer.txt > /volume1/Multimedia/output2.txt
cd ..
cd ..
cd volume1
cd Multimedia
find . -name *.nfo -type f -delete
find . -name *.exe -type f -delete
filebot -script fn:cleaner /volume1/Multimedia/Series/ > /volume1/Multimedia/output3.txt
Now, everything is working fine but the rename, which suddenly gives me a failure. Nothing has changed in terms of my Synology. Now, the output file manages to rename one TV show but says failure for all the others:
https://textuploader.com/1kmru

This is the result of the sysinfo:

filebot -script 'fn:sysinfo'

------------------------------------------

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/volume1/@appstore/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 19.04
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "fpcalc": error=2, No such file or directory
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2019-05-15 (r565)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 12.0.1
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 2 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 29 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux Z-NAS 4.4.59+ #24922 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 19 12:13:37 CST 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_apollolake_218+
DATA: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data/admin
Package: SPK
Activate License *[b]*********** [/b](let me know if you need this!)
License: FileBot License [b]************ [/b](Valid-Until: 2020-06-08)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
------------------------------------------

[Process completed]
Could you give me a hand, please?

Many thanks,
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot Rename suddenly not working

Post by rednoah »

I don't see any errors. Can you point out a specific line in the log that shows something unexpected?

:idea: The log you posted just shows a couple of files that have already been processed, being processed again, which fails naturally, as the destination file path already exists.

Please read How to Request Help.

:!: The filebot -get-subtitles command does not have a --def maxAgeDays=7 option and thus this option does nothing. You likely got things mixed up. You probably mean to use the suball script which does accept this particular script parameter.

EDIT:

:!: :!: :!: Note that you are redirecting only standard output and NOT error output, which means you're only seeing half the console output, and only the useless half at that. You'll want to read Shell Script Debugging for Beginners thoroughly. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Zettai

Post by Zettai »

Thank you for your message rednoah, and apologies, I tried to give as much information as I could get.

I adapted the code from the one I had in my PC before having the NAS, and I never had any issues until a few days ago, when most TV shows stopped being renamed/moved. I get the subtitles but the files stay at their original folders with their original names:

Find below the error outputs for each action, subtitles, rename and clean. Although I have altered the code to produce this, I cannot see anything wrong with the error output from the renamer script:
Subtitles: https://textuploader.com/1khf3
Renamer: https://textuploader.com/1khp1
Cleaner: https://textuploader.com/1khpk

I have followed your advice and updated the code on the subtitles bit, now it looks like this:

filebot -script fn:suball "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/" -non-strict --def maxAgeDays=7 > /volume1/Multimedia/output.txt 2> /volume1/Multimedia/errors.txt
filebot -rename "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/"* --format "/volume1/Multimedia/Series/{n}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --db TheTVDB -non-strict --log-file renamer.txt > /volume1/Multimedia/output2.txt 2> /volume1/Multimedia/errors2.txt
cd ..
cd ..
cd volume1
cd Multimedia
find . -name *.nfo -type f -delete
find . -name *.exe -type f -delete
filebot -script fn:cleaner /volume1/Multimedia/Series/ > /volume1/Multimedia/output3.txt 2> /volume1/Multimedia/errors3.txt
Again, thank you for your support!

Kind Regards,
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is a generic warning message from the Java 13 platform that you're running Java 8 code. It has no effect. You can completely ignore it. It makes no difference. If you update to the latest FileBot 4.8.6 beta then this message will just go away:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/volume1/@appstore/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

This not an error. There just aren't any subtitles:

No matching subtitles found: ...

This is not an error. We just happen to have processed this file already in the past, so there is a file at the destination path already:

[...] is an exact copy and already exists [Last-Modified: Sat Oct 19 06:15:47 IST 2019]
:!: You can't process the same files over and over and over and over. What do you think will happen? At best, you're abusing online services, which is very impolite. At worst, you'll get banned.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You have a conceptual problem with your setup. You're using the same folder for input and output, so you have no idea what's happening. The output structure in your screenshot isn't possible according to your format, but since this is also your input folder, it's probably just folders that already happen to be there, and just haven't been renamed or deleted for some reason.

:idea: I strongly recommend clearly separating input / output folders, as to separate files that have and have not been processed with FileBot.

:idea: The amc script is also recommended for less experienced users, since it takes care of lots of things on top of simple filebot -rename calls and has a few sanity checks and giving you warning messages if you're doing something strange.

:idea: The amc script has an exclude list feature, so that it can remember which files have been processed in the past, so that if you call the script over and over on the same input folder, it'll know which files to process and which to ignore right of the bat.

e.g.

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/volume1/Multimedia" --action duplicate -non-strict "/volume1/Download/Complete" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
:idea: This thread might be an interesting read and give you some ideas: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2733
Zettai

Post by Zettai »

Thank you rednoah.

Having an input and output folder has solved it. It is strange that it only started happening now, after having it like this for months!

I will give the amc script a go in a few days :)

But again, thank you!
chipinnc

Post by chipinnc »

RedNoah, For some reason you seem to be BLAMING users for using these scripts in a way that YOU disagree with.

The standard FileBot processing has always been to SKIP files that are existing on the destination and continue with the rest of the files in the directory. This has changed, and isn't acceptable.

It doesn't matter WHY people are doing it, it matters that apparently someone made a fundamental change to the way the script works. Since FileBot is now PAID software, we are the customers. We want it back the way it was. Why is that a reason for you to berate people for using it the way we have for years?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have to balance the well-being of online databases that all users of FileBot rely on, against potential abuse (often accidental) of these services by a small minority of FileBot users.

The vast majority of users won't run into this corner case, but if you do, then there's typically an easy work around that'll make things work for you and not abuse online databases, e.g. using --def excludeList is usually the easy solution for amc script users.

If you indeed find yourself having a unique unfixable setup that relies on processing the same files over and over, then FileBot is unfortunately not designed for your use case, and I'm happy to issue refunds in this case.

EDIT:

But on the off-chance you're interested in correcting your setup, then I'm always happy to help just as well.

EDIT 2:

Sensible adjustments are possible. I suppose disabling these checks for plain file modes, such as --db file and --db xattr, would not pose a problem, as online databases aren't used in this case.