[Synology] Folder Write permissions

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
filebotter

[Synology] Folder Write permissions

Post by filebotter »

Log:

Code: Select all

FileBot License P13776744 (Valid-Until: 2021-04-17) has been activated successfully.
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Apr 09 20:45:58 CDT 2020]
Parameter: ut_label = Movie
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed
Use excludes: /volume1/Plex Movies/.excludes (1)
Input: /volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.720p/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.720p.mkv
Input: /volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/My.Girl.2003.1080p.mkv
Input: /volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/The.Thing.1982.1080p.mkv
Group: {Movie=true} => [Autumn.in.New.York.2000.720p.mkv, My.Girl.2003.1080p.mkv, The.Thing.1982.1080p.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.720p/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.720p.mkv]
Auto-detect movie from context [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/My.Girl.2003.mkv]
Auto-detect movie from context [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/The.Thing.1982.1080p.mkv]
[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/Autumn.in.New.York.2000/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.mkv] to [/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv]
[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/The.Thing.1982.1080p.mkv] to [/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/The Thing (1982)/The Thing (1982).mkv]
[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/My.Girl.2003.1080p.mkv] to [/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/My Girl (2003)/My Girl (2003).mkv]
Failed to grant write permissions: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv
Failed to set xattr: FileSystemException: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Permission denied
Failed to grant write permissions: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/The Thing (1982)/The Thing (1982).mkv
Failed to set xattr: FileSystemException: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/The Thing (1982)/The Thing (1982).mkv: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Permission denied
Failed to grant write permissions: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/My Girl (2003)/My Girl (2003).mkv
Failed to set xattr: FileSystemException: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/My Girl (2003)/My Girl (2003).mkv: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Permission denied
[REFRESH] Refresh File Services (/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000))
[REFRESH] Refresh File Services (/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/The Thing (1982))
[REFRESH] Refresh File Services (/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/My Girl (2003))
Processed 3 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I am logged in as admin on my Synology 918+. I just purchased the license about an hour ago because I heard that filebot does well with organization and hardlinking of files (don't need two copies of the same file taking up HDD space). I have a few questions:

1.) How do I give filebot write permissions as it looks like it failed? I am logged in under Admin. It did (copy?) the movies over to the output folder (Movies) I designated. But I have no way of telling if it hardlinked them. I am assuming it did not hardlink them because write permission failed, but it did copy them to the designated output folder (Movies).

2.) Everytime I start up filebot node and choose my input folder (this folder will always be the same), will it automatically exclude the files that it already hardlinked to the output folder? I assume this is the case since it generates a .exclude file to the output folder (Movies) directory?

Below is what happens when I try to stat one of the movies that was (copied?) over:

stat /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York \(2000\)/Autumn in New York \(2000\).mkv
  File: ‘/volume1/Plex’
  Size: 4096            Blocks: 16         IO Block: 4096   directory
Device: fc00h/64512d    Inode: 681312257   Links: 5
Access: (0000/d---------)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2020-04-07 07:52:22.253647344 -0500
Modify: 2020-02-14 19:39:22.731685480 -0600
Change: 2020-04-05 09:44:43.639630234 -0500
 Birth: -
stat: cannot stat ‘Movies/Movies/Autumn’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘in’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘New’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘York’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘(2000)/Autumn’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘in’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘New’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘York’: No such file or directory
stat: cannot stat ‘(2000).mkv’: No such file or directory
*****I am not sure what stat does, I was just doing some research and found another thread where you had asked the user to stat the file. Initially, when I first ran the stat command, it gave me an error that ') was a problem. I had to google to figure out that I had to escape out the parenthesis in order to get the stat command to respond******

Please keep in mind that I am a total noob when it comes to running linux commands, so if there is anything you would like me to run in an SSH, please keep this in mind. Thank you for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Synology] Folder Write permissions

Post by rednoah »

Creating hardlinks worked:

[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/docker/rutorrent_vpn/data/completed/Autumn.in.New.York.2000/Autumn.in.New.York.2000.mkv] to [/volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv]
Writing xattr did not work:

Failed to grant write permissions: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv
Failed to set xattr: FileSystemException: /volume1/Plex Movies/Movies/Autumn in New York (2000)/Autumn in New York (2000).mkv: Error writing extended attribute 'net.filebot.metadata': Permission denied
:idea: Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.

:?: What file system are you using? xattr is typically enabled by default on Synology devices.

The amc script will not process input files paths that are already on the exclude list.

:!: You didn't correctly escape / quote the argument in your stats command. Please read Cmdline and Argument Passing for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
filebotter

Post by filebotter »

rednoah wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 05:11
:?: What file system are you using? xattr is typically enabled by default on Synology devices.

I am using ext4 file system. Is there a way to enable this if it is turned off? I don't ever recall disabling it if so.

I bought the 1-year license to test Filebot node on my NAS. I have my plex folders setup by genre. So will filebot node detect an american movie/tv shows and put it in my American movies/tv shows folder and also detect foreign movies/tv shows and put it in my foreign movies/tv shows folder, respectively? Additionally, is there a way to setup filebot node to monitor my download folder in real-time and organize my media by movie/tv category? If not, do you have any suggestions on what I could do to accomplish such a task? If so, I would be happy to purchase the lifetime license. Thank you again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

filebotter wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 19:13 I am using ext4 file system. Is there a way to enable this if it is turned off? I don't ever recall disabling it if so.
The xattr related warnings are just warnings. You can ignore them.

You could configure FileBot to store xattr metadata as plain files like so:

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.xattr.store=.xattr
:idea: Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.

filebotter wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 19:13 I bought the 1-year license to test Filebot node on my NAS. I have my plex folders setup by genre. So will filebot node detect an american movie/tv shows and put it in my American movies/tv shows folder and also detect foreign movies/tv shows and put it in my foreign movies/tv shows folder, respectively? Additionally, is there a way to setup filebot node to monitor my download folder in real-time and organize my media by movie/tv category? If not, do you have any suggestions on what I could do to accomplish such a task? If so, I would be happy to purchase the lifetime license. Thank you again.
* FileBot can be configured to deal with different show in different ways be using custom formats. This is not the default though. The default is the {plex} format.
* FileBot does auto-detect and separate Movies and TV Shows. How they are organized in the end is ultimately to your custom formats.
* FileBot will not monitor folders, but you can set it to run on a schedule. Advanced users can monitor folders by integrating filebot with their favorite file monitoring solution, e.g. inotifywait.
* I recommend sticking to 1-year licenses. Easier for everyone. I wouldn't worry about it until your current license expires and you had a full year of testing FileBot.

:idea: Please create a new topic if you have additional questions unrelated the original post or topic.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.