UMASK / UID / GID - docker image

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
ltb76

UMASK / UID / GID - docker image

Post by ltb76 »

Hi,

Would you consider adding the possibility to add UMASK + USER_ID + GROUP_ID as environment variables to the docker image?

A sub question - can I use the "--def exec" option in the docker image? I have tried it but cannot seem to get it to work
I added:
--def
"exec=chmod -R 775 '/volume1/folder' ; chown -R userID:groupID '/volume1/folder'"
to the bottom of the tasks file - but I must have a syntax error because it does not seem to do the trick :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: UMASK / UID / GID - docker image

Post by rednoah »

I'm not a docker expert, but doesn't docker have command-line options and environment variables for this kind of thing?

:arrow: In any case, the repository is open to contributions that don't break things:
https://github.com/filebot/filebot-docker

--def exec works. Please check the console output to see what command is executed, and what the command-line output says for the executed command.

:arrow: I'd start by doing something simple, and then take it from there, step by step:

Code: Select all

--def exec="echo {quote folder}"
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ltb76

Post by ltb76 »

:) I'm neither a docker nor a Linux expert (by faaaar) - so updating the repo is probably going to break something somewhere - but challenge accepted :lol:

My first step - I found a workaround, executing a "umask 0000" in the container seems to do the trick - no I just need to figure out how to pass the variable and run the script at startup, what could possible go wrong :geek:
lordCONAN

Post by lordCONAN »

ltb76 wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49 :) I'm neither a docker nor a Linux expert (by faaaar) - so updating the repo is probably going to break something somewhere - but challenge accepted :lol:

My first step - I found a workaround, executing a "umask 0000" in the container seems to do the trick - no I just need to figure out how to pass the variable and run the script at startup, what could possible go wrong :geek:
Ever work out a way to do this?