exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
Nellybauer

exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61

Post by Nellybauer »

Hi.

Have been using Filebot for ages now on Synology, amc script been running each morning flawlessly for years. It ran successfully Sunday 28th as usual, then today 29th I have this error:

Code: Select all

BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61
BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 61
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:189)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:170)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:156)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:277)
	... 5 more

Error (o_O)

Any ideas what is going on? No software updates or anything were done yesterday, I did have to restart the NAS but that was a normal clean shut down & start up, everything else on the system is running fine so can't see why a reboot would be the cause. Any help please?
Nellybauer

Re: exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61

Post by Nellybauer »

Apologies, should have done a bit more digging myself before posting. Found another post that pointed out DSM 6.2.4 had a different package source. I had seen that I'd not been able to update Filebot for a while but thought maybe I was just stuck because I cant update DSM. Now changed to the other repo, updated filebot & now my AMC script runs.

Out of interest has something changed to stop support for the previous version of filebot? I had been running 4.9.3. I am also running DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 3 - I cannot update any further because I use Xpenology to emulate a Synology NAS on my own hardware & there is currently a blocker with updating to anything newer.
rednoah
The Source

Re: exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 61

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

This error likely indicates that the older version of Groovy that is shipped as part of older versions of FileBot is not forward compatible with newer versions of Java. If you're using the Java Installer package, then java is updated automatically, typically as part of the startup sequence.

:arrow: You can use the generic Linux portable package. That'll work on any Linux device, and easy to maintain if you're a little bit familiar with SSH:
viewtopic.php?t=6057
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Nellybauer

Post by Nellybauer »

ah thanks, yes I use your Java Installer package so that probably explains it. It is now functional again having used the repo for the 6.2.4 instance of DSM, I'll just need to keep any eye out going forward then