First time running the node version, weird problem

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
athos

First time running the node version, weird problem

Post by athos »

I have a folder my plex install is using that is full of movies. Some are in folders with their extra features, most are outside of their folders.

I setup FileBot and pointed it at my old plex folder, set the input type to movies and pointed the action to copy to a new folder on another shared folder called "movies".

It ran a while.

Once It finished, I went to look and oddly I have a good half of the new folders being a mix of the actual movie that goes to the folder, plus a bunch of other ones. This happens in multiple movies and it's always the same group of movies repeated in these folders. Example:

http://pendragon.com/media/example_plex_folder.png
rednoah
The Source

Re: First time running the node version, weird problem

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does the log say?

:arrow: Please copy & paste the text in the black box on the bottom-right-hand side so we can see what options you are using and what filebot is doing step by step:
https://pastebin.com/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
athos

Post by athos »

How can I get the logs after the Synology window timed out? I reopened FileBot inside of the NAS and the black part is empty...can I copy them from somewhere?

Update: I got them, too big for pastebin, so here is the log file:

http://pendragon.com/media/Log.txt

Thank you.
Last edited by athos on 12 Nov 2022, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks like --apply import is the culprit here. Looks like it doesn't work well if have movie files with other movies in the same folder, because "copy along companion files" just copies along everything in he same folder that is not a movie file, which happens to be all the extras in the same folder and sub-folders.

e.g.

Code: Select all

Skip small video file: /volume1/Master Folder/Plex/Movies/Star Trek/Star Trek - The Motion Picture (1979)/Featurettes/Costume Tests.mkv [43 MB]

Input: /volume1/Master Folder/Plex/Movies/John Wick Chapter 2 (2017).mkv

[IMPORT] Import Costume Tests.mkv (/volume1/media/Movies/Movies/John Wick - Chapter 2 (2017)/Star Trek/Star Trek - The Motion Picture (1979)/Featurettes/Costume Tests.mkv)
athos

Post by athos »

Okay, so what's the best solution to fix this? Don't import extra features?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, extras are tricky especially when combined with a non-uniform input folder. Not doing --apply import will not copy along files and folders from the same folder.

Alternatively, you can ensure that each movie file is in it's own movie folder first, and then try again. You'll have to use the FileBot Desktop application though:
rednoah wrote: 13 Oct 2014, 21:47 Move files into a new folders based on the file name

You can convert a flat file structure into a nested file structure (e.g. one file per folder) by generating a new file path for each file based on the current file name.

~/Movies/{ fn }/{ fn }

$ filebot -rename /path/to/files --db file --format "{ fn }/{ fn }"
Rename files using [Plain File]
[MOVE] from [Avatar (2009).mkv] to [Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv]

EDIT:

FileBot r9374 adds various restrictions to --apply import to try to detect bad input and print errors in response, instead of mindlessly copying along files and folders from the same folder. This will make it work less well for some, potentially useless, but mixed movie folder non-movie folder input is probably fairly common.

EDIT 2:

FileBot 9377 adds additional companion file heuristics based on the input file paths from the log file you shared. Should work well for your use case now.